Chapter 102

Adriana smiled as her sister placed a forkful of wedding cake into her mouth. She looked over to where Harri's now husband, Antonio, was dancing with his eight year old cousin. He lifted her and spun her in circles. 

"I'm so happy for you," Adriana whispered into Harri's ear while she hugged her. "You deserve all the happiness in the world."

Harri was wearing floor length white and gold Somali wedding dress, and had her hair wrapped in a long white scarf. 

"I saw you crying at the ceremony," Harri laughed a bit. 

"It's these pregnancy hormones," Adriana said and laughed. "I cry at everything."

 "So you're next...you and Bruce," Harri beamed and looked at Bruce. He was talking to their mother and father, and Adriana could tell that they both already loved him. 

"Yes," Adriana nodded and looked at her family. "We're next to tie the knot. I love him." 

"I can tell," Harri said. "I'm glad you were able to make it, you're so far along." 

"Yeah, I'm due in six days so we couldn't fly," Adriana said. "Bruce said he hadn't been on a train since he was eleven years old."

 "No private jet for you, huh," Harri chuckled. 

"Nope, not this time," Adriana told her. 

"I love you, sis," Harri said. 

"I love you more," Adriana responded. 

"Are you excited to finally give birth?" Harri asked. 

"Well...I'm excited to get back to normal," Adriana said. "I miss doing what I love." 

"Which is what?" Harri asked. 

Adriana thought of the city, fighting crime, saving the day and changing people's lives. She missed being Shade.

"Everything."

.

.

.

Adriana sat on the hotel room bed, her back against the pillows, and looked at the movie playing on TV.  After a while she closed her eyes.

"Sleeping already?" Bruce asked her and towel dried his hair. 

"Not quite," she answered. "You're so cute." 

"If you insist," he said. 

"I do," she said and looked down at the towel around his hips.

 "I love you," he said and leaned over the bed, kissing her gently. 

"I love you too," she told him. "Whew...I think he just woke up."

 "Did he," Bruce said and looked down at her stomach.

 "Look," she said and pointed and where the movement was visible. 

Bruce gently touched where he could see the movement through the fabric of her nightgown. 

"If he giving me a high five?" Bruce asked. 

"Actually, I think that's his foot," she laughed. 

"I can't wait to meet him," Bruce said. 

"Less than a week," she said and placed her hand over Bruce's. "If he's on time. Then there will be three of us." 

"Indeed," he said and sat on the bed beside her. He placed both hands onto the mattress of either side of her hips and began to whisper while kissing her again.