Chapter 94

"I'm quite busy," Bruce said to Lucius when he arrived at the penthouse.

"I can see that," Lucius said to Bruce, who was sitting on his couch watching TV. "I have a few documents that require your signature."

Bruce reached for the folder with one hand while still looking at the television. Bruce had been out of work for four days, and instead was focusing all of his attention on the trial. He waited every day for the jury, who was still sequestered.

"You may want to look over the last one," Lucius said.

"Yeah..yeah.." Bruce said, as if he wasn't paying attention.

"He's practically comatose," Adriana said to Lucius as she walked into the living room. "He hears nothing until after 5:30."

Lucius looked at Bruce sideways, and saw that she was right. He looked completely absorbed with the news.

"Hey Bruce," she said, testing him. "I'm thinking about going out for a walk."

"Yeah.." he murmured, not looking away from the screen. There were no new notices, reporters were just repeating details about the case that everyone knew by now.

"Want to come?" she asked. "It's nice and sunny out, finally."

"Mmhm...right..." he said.

She laughed quietly and then grabbed her coat, with Lucius eyeing her and looking amused the entire time. She kicked off her slippers and pulled on her shoes before opening the front door.

"Hey," Bruce said, snapping out of it. "What are you doing?"

"I just told you, I'm going out for a walk," she said to him.

"What?" he asked and stood up. "You can't go anywhere. Adriana, it isn't safe-"

"Bruce, Bruce," she said and removed her coat and walked over to him laughing. "I was only kidding."

His eyes were still open wide and he looked very serious.

"Come on, I was just playing around," she said and rested her hands on his shoulders, trying not to laugh. She could see Lucius was holding in his laughter too.

Bruce rolled his eyes at them both and sat down and went back to staring at the news. Adriana looked at Lucius.

"Lucius do you have a minute?" she asked Lucius and he nodded.

"Of course," he said and followed her.

She went into her bedroom and shut the door. Once they were alone, she went over the vent in the wall and pulled out her suit and the grapple gun.

"Can you take these for me?" she asked, while still on the floor in front of the vent. "I can't risk Alfred coming across this stuff."

"May I ask why these things are here?" he asked. "In the wall?"

"I needed them," she said. "I had to sneak out once. And now I won't need them for a while."

"Adriana," Lucius said. "I see no reason why you still feel the need to keep this from Bruce."

She sat on the floor and looked up at him.

"If I tell him," she said. "Do you think he'll let me leave? I mean..he'll be able to see that I'm strong enough to handle myself-"

"No, he won't let you leave," Lucius said. "Your pregnancy being the main reason. And I was not suggesting you tell him only so that he would be comfortable with you going home. There is no longer a need to keep this secret."