Chapter 133

"Thank you, Shade," the man in handcuffs said as the cop shut the door after he got into the vehicle.

"Under arrest, yet he's thanking you?" Commissioner Gordon said to her.

"Well," she replied, doing her best to disguise her voice. "I had to stop that one from killing him.

Gordon looked in the direction where she was pointing. Another man, seething with anger being escorted to another police vehicle. He was glaring at her, full or hatred.

"They're both part of the cartel," Gordon said.

"Yes," she answered. "And there's enough cocaine in the building for this bust to make the front page of the news tomorrow."

"We can't thank you enough, Shade," Gordon said.

"My pleasure," she responded.

.

.

.

"I think this had been the longest day of my life," Adriana said to Harri over the phone. "Serious...it feels like this day had been at least two weeks long."

"You should get some sleep then," Harri said.

"Bruce is sleeping at the moment," Adriana said. "He didn't get any sleep last night."

"Right," Harri said. Adriana had told her everything about Sidi telling Bruce all about her nightmares and how he had witnessed their effects the previous night and had not slept at all. "So you'll sleep when he's done?"

"Yes," she said. "Or maybe I will just stay awake til Saturday evening when Sidi can..take care of this."

"How are you feeling about it?" Harri asked and then burped. "Excuse me."

"Well..." Adriana said. "I haven't actually been thinking about it too much..it's difficult. Maybe it's best if I don't think too much about it. Just..stay..blank and let it happen."

"It's your choice..but this is big," Harri said. "You'll finally be..normal."

"Yes," Adriana said, knowing that no matter what, she would not stop her vigilantism. She would never be completely normal. "Oh..I have another call coming in."

"And I need to make a martini," Harri said. "Perfect timing."

"Bye sis, love you," Adriana said.

"Love you too," Harri said and hung up.

"Hi Lucius," Adriana said as she answered the other call.

'Good evening, Adriana," Lucius said.

"How are you doing?" she asked him.

"Just fine," Lucius said. "Have you spoken to Bruce?"

"No, why? He's was asleep when I got back in," she said. "I had to run downtown to handle something with a few members of a drug cartel."

"I see," Lucius said and waited. 

"Give me a sec," Adriana said.

She began to search Bruce's memories as he slept. 

She saw the conversation between Bruce and Lucius from earlier that day.

"He asked you to do it!" she said with relief. "Oh...this is such a weight off my shoulders."

"Yes," Lucius said. "He asked me to hire a team and construct a facility to relocate the Joker."

"And Bruce wants no involvement with it, no visual confirmation..nothing," she exhaled. "So we don't have to do anything or worry about anything."