Chapter 150

Bruce and Harri were parked outside of Madame Twyla's shop early. There were about ten minutes left before her shop closed and Bruce was supposed to go in. Bruce was surprised at how quickly Harri had agreed to go with him but he could tell she was not there to support him. She wanted to confront Twyla.

Bruce hoped that Harri would see that Twyla seemed to be offering a real solution. One that could do the impossible...bring her sister back.

"We have a few minutes," he said, making conversation. She had been quiet the entire drive over and sat with her arms crossed.

She turned her head to look at him for a few seconds and then went back to looking straight ahead. He could see that she was both angry with Twyla, but also deep in thought.

"Harri listen," he said. "I'm not crazy. I know what she is offering..it does sound crazy and I'm entirely open to the possibility that it might be a hoax..But-"

"Look," Harri said raising a hand, stopping him. "We don't have to talk about it."

Bruce pressed his lips together. A tactful and polite way for her to tell him to shut up. After a few moments, Harri's mood seemed to soften.

"I know you loved my sister," Harri said, her tone more understanding. "But this..."

Harri took a breath. Bruce was quiet.

"I know," he said.

They waited in silence until Madame Twyla put the Closed sign on the door. After walking across the street silently, Harri knocked on Madame Twyla's door. They went in once she answered.

"Oh," Twyla said. "You bought company, I see."

"Yes," Bruce said. "This is my sister-in-law, Harri-"

"How dare you?" Harri asked Twyla immediately. 

"Excuse me?" Madame Twyla said, with an amused smile.

"My brother-in-law is grieving, and you're taking advantage of him. He's told me how much you're being paid, and I think this is disgusting. He wants his money back now-" Harri said, surprising Bruce.

"No problem," Madame Twyla smiled. "I can initiate the refund transfer tonight."

Harri was shocked at how easy it was.

"That's not something we discussed," Bruce said about Harri's demand. "I don't need a refund. I am here for your services."

Harri knew there was nothing she could do. Bruce could see the sadness in her eyes. She felt sorry for him. She knew he would be fooled and get his hopes up for nothing, but at least she would be there to pick up the pieces.

"That can be done as well," Madame Twyla said. 

"Bruce.." Harri said. "I can't tell you what to do but..I don't trust her."

"You don't need to trust me," Twyla said smartly. "He does."

Bruce didn't want to take sides. He just wanted his wife.

"What do you have for me?" Bruce asked, ignoring both of their comments on trust.

Madame Twyla pulled out a sheet of paper and a small rock. She handed them both to Bruce. He unfolded the paper, glanced at it, and then looked back at her.

"Coordinates?" he asked. "To..the middle of nowhere? Somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic?"

"And a rock shaped like a vanilla wafer," Harri wasn't impressed. "And for that you want him to pay billions?"

"You must have a very high IQ," Twyla said to Bruce, ignoring Harri. "You looked at those coordinates for less than two seconds and knew immediately where they lead to."

Divination (Joker x Batman x OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें