Chapter 12

"What's this one called?" Adriana pointed to the enormous golden colored pointed crystal. 

"That's a citrine," the woman in the crystal shop answered and walked over. "Beautiful isn't it?"

"Yes," Adriana said and looked through the one of the transparent ares in the warm yellow stone. "I'm looking for a gift for a friend."

"A birthday gift?" the woman asked.

"Just a thank you gift," Adriana answered. "I think she would like this...she has other crystals. I didn't see one like this though, in her collection."

"Crystals make lovely gifts of gratitude," the woman said.

"How much is this one?" Adriana asked.

"It's $1,200," the woman said.

"Perfect," Adriana answered, still feeling like she needed to get more for Sidi, even though she only met her once. She had done so much for her. "It looks really heavy."

"It's 14 pounds," the lady said as she walked away. "I'll get a box for you."

"Thanks!"

.

.

.

"This...really is something," Sidi said as she looked into the box and began to lift the crystal. "Ahh, a citrine."

She sat the massive crystal down with ease.

"You're very strong," Adriana said, watching how easy was for Sidi to lift and move the crystal. "I was dying carrying that box."

"That's because you're too skinny," Sidi replied. "Citrine is good for this time of year, transitioning into winter."

"I didn't know that," Adriana said.

"Beautiful clarity...must have been expensive," Sidi said.

"I got a good price for it," Adriana added. "I wanted to get it to thank you, for what you did. I feel so much better."

"You're welcome," Sidi added admiring the stone. "But you know, it will not last forever."

"What do you mean?" Adriana asked.

"The ritual was not done properly," Sidi said, still looking at the crystal. "I already told you this. The elixir I gave you should not be consumed at one time and not in the quantity you took. There were also other steps which we did not have the opportunity to complete. Have you noticed any changes so far from when you left here last?"

"Well," Adriana sat on the couch and tried to think. "When I first left here it was really hard for me to pick up anything without trying very hard..it's much easier now. But I can control it..I mean I can choose when to hear and see thoughts. I have to actually try to see them."

"So it's becoming easier," Sidi said and sat beside her.

"Yeah, I would say so.." Adriana answered. "I've been sleeping amazingly well, also."

"Your gift may revert to it's original strength at some point, and eventually grow most likely," Sidi said. "And in a different way. These things are unpredictable. Your gift could come back even stronger."

"Wait, what?" Adriana said. "No, no..No that cannot happen. Stronger... that's impossible!"

"Which is why you should have waited for my instructions instead of swallowing the elixir all at once," Sidi said in a reprimanding tone.

"I'm sorry...I was desperate.." Adriana said looking down.

"I know," Sidi said. "Perhaps that was my fault. I should have divided the elixir instead of placing it all before you. We can fix it, but it will take a while."