Chapter 114

"You two are always up before me," Adriana said while coming into the kitchen.

Bruce gave a bottle of warmed milk to Arsenio who was sitting in his high chair. He was able to hold the bottle on his own now.

"Of course," Bruce said and looked at the baby. "You know mommy stopped two burglaries last night. She needed her beauty sleep."

"Burrgleeee," the baby try to repeat the word and both Adriana and Bruce laughed.

"Good morning, sweetie pie," Adriana said to Arsenio and gave him several kisses.

"Good morning, beautiful," Bruce said and kissed Adriana's lips.

"Good morning," Adriana heard Alfred say behind her. "What will you be having for breakfast, Adriana?"

"Oh, you two already ate?" Adriana looked at Bruce and the baby.

"We shared some eggs and breakfast sausages," Bruce answered.

"I'll have the same, thank you Alfred," Adriana said. "And a croissant, if we have any?"

"Right away," Alfred smiled. He still was getting used to everyone eating in the kitchen. For years he had gotten used to serving Bruce in his office or the dining room. Having a family in the kitchen was joyous.

Adriana left the kitchen to pump more milk and by the time she was done her breakfast was on the table. Bruce was holding the baby and making funny faces to make him smile.

"Is Evelyn still asleep?" Adriana asked Bruce.

"No, Estoy aquí. Pero mi amiga necesita que la lleve al aeropuerto ... ¿Puedo irme?" Evelyn said in a rush as she walked into the kitchen. Her long ringlet curls were piled onto the top of her head in a messy bun. She explained that her friend needed a ride home from the airport and asked for permission to leave.

"Claro," Adriana replied. Of course.

Bruce nodded , understanding what she had asked as well, and Evelyn thanked them before she left.

"I was thinking," Bruce said, still holding Arsenio. "I could take him to work with me today."

"Bruce..." Adriana said. She had allowed him to take the baby to work once before but she preferred him staying home.

"Just until lunch," Bruce said. "I have been on so many business trips lately. I was just hoping to spend a bit more time with my little man."

"But what if you get busy?" she asked and picked up the croissant.

"I only have one meeting today and it is after lunch," Bruce said and held up Arsenio's little hand. "Pleeeease."

"Yaaaaa," Arsenio said.

"See, he wants to go," Bruce said.

"Wouldn't you rather spend the day here with mommy?" Adriana asked the baby.

Arsenio looked at her and then Bruce, and they could all see that he understood what he was being asked. He looked back and forth between her and Bruce, his round hazel eyes darting indecisively.

"Da..." Arsenio finally said very quietly. "Da?"

"See," Bruce said and kissed his cheek.

"Okay then," Adriana sighed.

"I wouldn't mind accompanying them for the morning," Alfred offered. "I will look after him if Master Bruce gets occupied."

"You don't mind?" Adriana asked.

"Not at all," Alfred said, and remembered Adriana's requests and warnings to Bruce the previous month when he had taken the baby to work for the day. "And don't worry, I won't allow anyone to...breathe on him."