Chapter 151

Harri looked at the graffiti on the building she and Bruce passed as they pulled into the port. A bat symbol circled in red with a line through it. The city hated the Batman. They were now out of Gotham and at a small town on the coast where Bruce kept his yachts. Even here, people hated the Batman. But Bruce didn't seem to notice it at all. He was focused on the journey ahead.

"Are they coming with us?" Harri asked about the team of men on the boat. She and Bruce were standing on the port waiting. It was a very brisk morning.

"No," Bruce said. "They are just doing a few checks. Loading supplies and our luggage. The weather should be good for the trip."

"Okay," Harri said and looked across the water.  "How long should it take to arrive to...wherever the coordinates lead us?"

"About four days," Bruce told her.

They hadn't discussed the trip much but Harri has already assured Bruce that she wanted to go.

"Oh..." Harri said. "I didn't know it would be that long. And no cell reception out there right?"

"Right," Bruce told her. He wasn't looking forward to four, or with no existing time machine, eight or more days away from Arsenio. It was the first time he had left Arsenio for more than just a few hours since Adriana had died. This was more difficult than he had imagined it would be. "I have a satellite phone for emergencies."

"Are you changing your mind?" she asked, noticing Bruce's expression.

"Are you?" he responded with a question.

"Well...I told my husband we would be sailing but I didn't know it would be for over a week," she said, her words telling him she expected them to sail out and find nothing and then return. "I'll have to call him and let him know before we head out."

"So you're coming?" Bruce asked. "You're certain?"

"The yacht looks nice," Harri answered. 

Bruce nodded. "Thank you."

"Unless you're changing your mind?" she asked him again. "If you go, I'm going. If not, then clearly I support that decision."

Two men in suits carrying their luggage onto the boat passed them before Bruce answered.

"No," Bruce said. "We're going."

.

.

.

At 8 a.m. and the sun had risen and Bruce had the boat going on autopilot.  Harri was on the deck looking out over the water as the wind ripped through her hair.

"Aren't you cold out here?" Bruce asked her.

"A little," she said. "Actually I was thinking of what a waste of money this blowout on my hair was. The humidity is already ruining it."

"Well, you should come inside," Bruce said. "Getting sick at sea is no fun."

"Probably right," Harri said as they went indoors. "Something smells good."

"I made some eggs...sausages..a few waffles," Bruce told her. 

"You just made waffles? Seriously?" Harri asked.

"Well...it's the frozen variety," he said as they went to the dining table.

"Oh, and fruit," Harri said excitedly and looked at the enormous bowl of berries beside a bowl of cut melons.

They ate quietly for a while and Bruce noticed Harri repeatedly picking up and looking at her cell phone, continually forgetting there was no reception.