Chapter 113

"Thank you," Bruce said to Adriana as she removed hot rollers from her hair.

She turned around and looked at him, standing behind her as she sat at her vanity in their enormous bathroom. They were getting ready to go to an event.

"For what?" she said.

"For coming with me," he told her. "I appreciate it."

"Well...I'd rather stay here and chill at home with you and Arsenio," she told him. "To be completely honest. But you said we only have to go for a couple hours for you to get your award."

"Yes," he told her. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks," she smiled and pulled out another roller. Her hair was a few inches past her hips but with the spiral curls is was waist length. It was mid spring and she decided to wear a long purple and light blue gown with gold details around the waist. The dress was very flowy and had a halter top. The material looked transparent but there were so many layers that it maintained a classy level of modesty. Her heels were also gold, and she was wearing minimal natural makeup. "I'm almost done."

"I'll let the driver know we'll be down soon," he said and left the bathroom after kissing her softly on the shoulder.

After putting on her shoes and finding a matching clutch purse, she decided to also wear the gold Love bracelet that Bruce had gotten her on Christmas.

.

.

.

"You resemble a mermaid," Bruce said to her as they sat in the back of the limo right before it pulled off.

"Hopefully in a good way," Adriana laughed.

"In the best way imaginable," he said and gave her a kiss.

"Mmmmm," she said mid kiss and then leaned back in the seat. "I'm so sleepy."

"Did you have a nap today?" Bruce asked.

"No...Arsenio was up at 4 a.m.," she told him. "He took a couple of naps but I used the time to go work out."

"You know you can take a nap and give him to Evelyn, right?" he asked her. "That's why we hired her."

"Have you even taken a nap yet when you're home with him? Even if she has him?" she asked.

"Hmm..." he said and tried to think.

"Even when you're tired?" she asked.

"Well...no I guess not," he answered honestly.

"Do you think we're overprotective?" she laughed. "We never sleep unless he's asleep."

"Yes," Bruce said. "We definitely are."

She smiled.

"I could use a drink," she said.

"Oh?" he asked.

"Hm..." she said. "Well...Arsenio is nursing less...and I do have like 200 ounces of pumped milk in the freezer...and there's a mini bar..."

"Red wine?" he asked.

She nodded.

"Coming right up," he said and moved over to the vehicle's fridge and mini bar.

Gotham was alive that night, bright lights passed them on the street as the sun was setting. The sky was deep orange, and she could see happy couples on the street, a man pass by them on his bike, a woman holding a baby outside of a bookshop that was closing up for the evening. Things were changing, and likely due to both her and Bruce's hard work as vigilantes. It was like Gotham had become a different city. A beautiful, peaceful one. Calm, safe, and with an unfamiliar warm and positive energy. People looked serene and comfortable. No one looked on guard, or on edge. It was surreal. In this moment...Gotham felt like a normal city.