Chapter 177

"Excellent," Madame Twyla said to Bruce over the phone as her wire transfer was received. "And when can I expect the next payment?"

Her greed was overwhelming.  Bruce had sold off so much, and he was running out of things to liquidate that Adriana wouldn't notice. He actually wasn't sure where Twyla's next payment would come from.

"Soon," he answered, vaguely.

"That does not sound promising," she said.

"I have a few things in the works but it will be soon," he said. "I need to go."

Twyla hung up the phone quickly and Bruce looked around his office at Wayne Enterprises. He had many valuables around him. His wedding band, watch, cigars, even the clock was antique. But selling off individual personal belongings would be obvious. He was getting nervous. 

He left the office and decided to visit Sidi, cancelling two afternoon meetings.

.

.

.

"Another Wayne," Sidi said as she opened the door and stepped aside.

"Another?" Bruce said and walked into the foyer.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" Bruce heard Arsenio saying aloud over half a dozen times.

Bruce laughed and walked over to where Aymara was holding Arsenio. He was so surprised to see his son he couldn't stop smiling.

"Heyy, little man what are you doing here?" Bruce said and picked up the baby.

"Your wife was just here," Sidi said. "Looked at her phone and had to run off and disappear. You know, she does that a lot."

"Oh," Bruce said, knowing her vigilantism often took her away at the drop of a hat. "Yes, she does."

"So you are here to pick up your little one?" Aymara asked. "I wish he could stay."

"Actually," Bruce said as Arsenio began to talk over him.

"Say! Say!" Arsenio said. 

"You want to stay?" Bruce asked.

"Yaaa!" the baby said loudly. "Ayaa! Ama!"

"Aymara?" Bruce laughed at how Arsenio was saying her name almost backwards. "Okay. You can stay until Mommy comes back."

Bruce put Arsenio back into Aymara's arms and then Sidi gestured for him to follow her. They went into the kitchen and she shut the door and pulled an apple pie out of the oven.

"Sit," she said to Bruce and he sat at the round table by the kitchen window.

Sidi placed the pie on a cooling rack and took off the deep orange colored apron that had blended in with the golden orange color of the dress she was wearing.

"You didn't know your son was here," Sidi said and sat at the table.

"Actually, I didn't," Bruce confessed. "Adriana didn't tell me she would be dropping by here today."

"Then what brings you by? Checking on the TV you gave us?" she asked.

Bruce had gifted them a large flat screen among many other things after Sidi had saved Adriana's life by removing her mind reading abilities.

"I wanted to ask you about Twyla," Bruce asked and watched Sidi roll her eyes.

"What about her?" Sidi asked.

"I have been paying her an enormous sum of money," Bruce told Sidi. "I don't know how much more I can give her. I believe I overestimated how many personal liquid assets I could turn over to her without it being obvious to Adriana."