Chapter 193

"We can't stay for too long," Adriana said to the Joker when she arrived to the medical facility with Arsenio that afternoon. "I have a hair appointment."

"Right," the Joker said and looked down to where Arsenio was standing and holding something red. "What's that?"

"Malaa!" Arsenio said and took a few steps over and held onto the Joker's leg.

"It's a mallet," Adriana said. "It's part of the xylophone set he got for his birthday a little while ago."

"Oh," the Joker said and saw that Arsenio was stretching his arms upwards. He wanted to be picked up.

The Joker picked him up.

"Malaa!" Arsenio said again as the Joker held him.

"Fascinating," the Joker told him. "So, hair appointment."

"Yes," Adriana said. 

"But no time for a doctor's appointment," the Joker said.

Adriana blinked long enough for the Joker to realize she was rolling her eyes without making it too obvious.

"I'm coming in next week," she said. "Trust me, this hair is a true emergency. It's too much work to dye it black every week.  I'm going to have them make it my natural color again, if possible."

"Yes, that sounds so...very urgent," the Joker said sarcastically. 

Arsenio looked at them both, not understanding. He could sense tension.

"It is urgent, so we can't stay long, just a few minutes-" Adriana said and rolled her eyes more obviously.

"Mommy!" Arsenio said loudly. "I sayy wif Dak!"

"Oh..." Adriana said, knowing her son was requesting to stay with the Joker. "You want to stay?"

"Ya mommy!" Arsenio said and waved his mallet.

"Oh..um.." Adriana looked at the Joker.

"It's fine," the Joker said. 

"Well, my hair appointment could take a while," she said. "At least an hour..."

"Ok, bye mommy!" Arsenio said clearly and smiled.

Adriana placed a hand on her hip and laughed at her son.

"Sweetie, I know you want to stay with your friend but he might be busy-" Adriana said.

"Don't mind at all," the Joker told her. "Go on. Get your hair fixed."

"Okay.." Adriana shrugged. "I just changed him before we left so he should be fine until I get back. If not just use Dr. Kapoor's phone and call me-"

"Go woof!" Arsenio said to the Joker.

"Sure," the Joker replied.

"The roof?" Adriana asked.

"We went up for a few minutes last time he was here," the Joker explained. "Is that alright?"

"Okay...be careful," Adriana said. 

"Of course I'm careful, Adriana," the Joker said firmly.

"Woof! See payyyyyne!" Arsenio said, wanting to see airplanes.

"Okay guys, I'll be back later," Adriana said before giving Arsenio a kiss and leaving.

.

.

.

"Hey Harri," Adriana said over speaker phone as she tidied up the salon in the penthouse before the hair stylist arrived.