Chapter 116

"I'm glad you came with me," Bruce said Adriana as he took off his seat belt. They were in his private jet and were now up in the air.

"I miss him already," Adriana said, thinking of Arsenio.

"He's probably still sleeping," Bruce said.

"He is," Adriana said. "Evelyn just texted me."

"See," Bruce said. "He's fine."

"Yup," Adriana said and took of her seat belt too.

Bruce kissed her on the forehead after he stood to stretch his legs. Then he walked to the bathroom and shut the door. Adriana sighed, and looked at the picture Evelyn had sent her of Arsenio sleeping. She smiled at the photo and closed her eyes. As soon as she closed them her phone rang.

"Hi, Harri," Adriana said to her sister.

"Heyy," Harri said, sounding especially happy. "What's up?"

"On a plan ride to South Africa," Adriana said. "You?"

"You didn't tell me you were going on vacation!" Harri exclaimed.

"I'm not, Bruce had an important very last-minute business trip to make," Adriana said.

"Why?" Harri asked.

"One of the mines he owns in South Africa apparently found something huge enough to warrant a flight across the world right away," Adriana said. "I decided to come with him...for 2 days at most. So how are you doing?"

"I'm great, I just won five grand on a scratch off," Harri said.

"Wow you're lucky," Adriana said. "The most I've won on one of those was like twenty dollars."

"Yes, I am," Harri said. "I'm going to put it towards out vacation in a few months. We're going to Martinique."

"That sounds amazing," Adriana said.

"You and Bruce should join us," Harri said.

"I don't know," Adriana said. "I definitely don't want to bring the baby on a plane til he's at least five or six. And really don't think I could leave him."

"Okay Mommy Wayne," Harri said, laughing softly. "I understand."

"Ughh...my boobs hurt," Adriana said, mostly to herself.

"Aww..." Harri said. "Sorry."

"Feels like I might get my period soon..." Adriana said, talking to herself, with some discomfort. "I'm still producing milk though. I should have pumped before I left home..chest hurts so freaking bad."

"I'd be happy to relieve you," Bruce said beside her. "Oh," he then said with a bit of embarrassment. "You're on the phone."

"Yeah," Adriana laughed and Harri's laugh was loud enough for Bruce to hear it from where he stood.

"Hi Harri," Bruce said.

"Hey!" Harri said, still laughing. "I'll let you two go."

"Okay, sis," Adriana said. "Love you!"

"Love you too."

"Come here," Bruce said and sat in his seat.

Adriana stood and walked the three steps over to him and sat on his lap. He rubbed her thigh over her jeans and kissed her collarbone.

"Where are you?" he whispered.

"Hm?" she hummed and looked down into his eyes.

"You're far away," he said. "Your mind is. I can tell."