Chapter 135

"He's getting too good at crawling," Adriana laughed at she spoke to Harri and she watched Arsenio crawling across the colorful rug in his room. She was sitting on the floor beside him. "He's very fast."

"He's going to be so big when I see him next," Harri said. "I bet he won't even remember me."

"Harri, stop," Adriana said. "He'll remember you. I show him pictures of you and mom and dad every night."

"Still, I should come visit soon," Harri said. "Maybe also for some emotional support..you know...after tonight.."

"Yeah," Adriana agreed. "I'm sure I will be fine though. I'll be like everyone else...not hearing thoughts... and everyone else is fine."

"Well, if you're not then you know I'll be on my way," Harri said.

"I know," Adriana said and reached forward to touch Arsenio's back as he crawled by her.

.

.

.

"I'm so sorry," the woman apologized to Shade as her baby began to whimper as he held his arms out to her. "He wants you to hold him."

They were on the train and she was in a rush, and out of breath. Two more stops before she would have to get off of the train, run up several steps and begin sprinting again.

"Hi sweetheart," Shade said to the boy who looked to be a month or so older than Arsenio.

She reached out and picked him up with a smile. His older sister who looked to be around four years old smiled at Shade and began to bounce in her seat with excitement.

"My brother's name is Brandon," the little girl said to Shade as she held the boy who was no longer on the verge of tears.

"And what's your name sweetie?" Shade asked the girl.

"I'm Kiely and I'm four!" she replied happily.

"Nice to meet you, Kiely," she said and looked at the baby who was touching the black hair falling over her shoulders. "And you too Brandon."

"Thank you so much, she loves you," the children's mother said and took the baby back into her arms. "She even drew a picture of you."

"Wow, Kiely I'd love to see it some day," Shade said and touched the girl's cheek. "This is my stop guys, enjoy your day!"

.

.

.

"So..do we...ow..." Adriana said as she massaged her ankle. "Need to bring anything or..?"

"No, just bring yourself," Sidi said to Adriana on the phone.

"Okay, well, Bruce wants to be there as well," Adriana said. "We'll be there around 7:30 ish."

"Mhm," Sidi said as if she didn't believe her.

"We will, we already talked about it," Adriana said. 

She knew Sidi could hear the reluctance in her voice. She didn't want her gift removed.

"Right then, bye bye," Sidi said abruptly and hung up the phone.

Adriana shrugged off Sidi's attitude and looked at her slightly swollen ankle that she had twisted while running through the streets of Gotham. Being a vigilante had its downsides but it was worth it. She rotated her ankle in small painful circles as her phone rang again. It was 5:15 p.m. and Bruce was still out but he had promised to be home at 6. It was Dr. Kapoor calling.