Chapter 165

"I'm sorry I wasn't much fun today sweetie," Adriana apologized to Arsenio who was sitting beside her head in pajamas in Adriana and Bruce's bed. She was laying on her stomach, half asleep.

"Still have the headache?" Bruce asked from near the door.

"Yeah," she answered and Arsenio put down his plastic octopus and crawled forward to kiss her on the cheek. "Awww, my sweet boy."

"Sidi said it should clear up in two or three more days max," Bruce told her.

"Yeah," Adriana said again, somewhat listlessly as she rubbed Arsenio's hand.

"We have migraine injectables," Bruce reminded her about the resources they had in the medical facility.

"I tried one earlier..did nothing," she said, not wanting Bruce to go down the medical facility for any reason. "It's okay, it goes away when I sleep I think."

"Okay," Bruce said and walked over the bed and kissed the back of her shoulder.

"O!" Arsenio said and pointed to the ring on Bruce's keys that were in Bruce's hand.

Bruce looked down and realized Arsenio was recognizing it as a letter. 

"Yes, that's an O," Bruce said and sat the loop of keys on the dresser. 

"Yaa! O!" Arsenio said again.

"You know the letter O?" Adriana said and sat up a little. 

"He knows all the letters," Bruce said.

"Huh?" Adriana asked. As far as she knew he could only recognize A and B, the first letters of their names. 

"Ah actually..." Bruce said and realized he had spoken to soon. Arsenio had learned all letters and most colors by name, but that was in the future that he had erased. Now, so far, he only knew three letters. The rest would be learned in the following month. "I mean..A, B, and O...You know...like the blood types. Maybe he wants to be a doctor. We learned O this morning."

"I'm so confused," Adriana said and put her face back down on the pillow and Arsenio kissed her again.

"Are you ready for bed little one?" Bruce asked Arsenio.

"Nooo," Arsenio said clearly and Adriana and Bruce both laughed.

"Okay, fifteen more minutes," Bruce said, wondering how anyone else with a ten month old would perceive what was happening. The speaking and interaction, negotiations with a baby. Arsenio was highly intelligent and Bruce already knew that the child would be a genius.

"Yaa!" Arsenio exclaimed but then seemed to realize that he was loud and looked down at Adriana apologetically. "Mommy..."

"It's okay, baby," Adriana said and touched his foot sleepily.

"Hey, little man," Bruce said and reached forward to pick him up. "Let's let Mommy sleep and we'll watch a cartoon."

Bruce kissed Adriana before taking Arsenio to the in-home theater where Arsenio fell asleep in Bruce's arms ten minutes into his favorite show. After putting Arsenio to bed and having a long chat with Alfred, Bruce went back to his bedroom where Adriana was sleeping soundly. Bruce showered and got into bed beside her.

As he began to drift off, he felt her hand on his chest, slightly rousing him from his sleep.

"Are you awake?" Bruce heard himself whisper, although he was barely awake himself.

"Mmm," she moaned against his cheek, also nearly asleep when she began to kiss him.

They made slow and passionate love, both minds somewhere between consciousness and the dream state. Afterwards, Bruce fell asleep almost immediately and was taken back into his memories of the past.