Chapter 152

"So many screens," Harri commented as Bruce looked over the screens in the yacht cockpit.  "Looks complicated."

"I'm scanning the..." Bruce struggled to decide what to call whatever had emerged from the water. "The rock."

Harri pulled off the windbreaker she was wearing and water spilled out of the hood and splashed onto the floor and on to Bruce's feet but he didn't seem to notice.

"What's that beeping sound?" Harri asked.

"The system is warning us of a natural formation, can pick up on large rock formations or icebergs," Bruce said. "It's just warning that the rock is close."

"Oh," Harri commented. "So now what?"

Bruce took a step back from screens and looked at Harri who was grabbing her hair and wringing out her long black ringlets.

"The floor is already wet," she said as an excuse as she squeezed the water out of her hair.

"I don't care about that," Bruce said. "I'm just thinking."

He turned and looked out the window at the rock.

"About the bare floating rock island with nothing on it?" Harri asked. "Bruce..It's impressive, I'll give her that. It's like one of those expandable water toys, you remember those? But it doesn't exactly look like a time machine."

"I need to investigate it," Bruce told her. 

"Investigate?" Harri asked. "We've been circling it for 20 minutes...I think we've investigated what we can, given the wind and rain."

"We'll have to wait for this storm to pass," Bruce remarked. "The rock appears to be stationary from what I can see...it's not moving. It's possibly rotational."

"Okay...but we can't really investigate," Harri said.

"Yes...perhaps not until this storm is over," Bruce said. "Then I could get closer-"

"Ay pendejo!" Harri exclaimed. "Esta tormenta nunca terminará!" 

"Harri.." Bruce said after hearing her exclaim that the storm would never be over after calling him a fool. "This storm should be ending soon..It can't go on forever, it's probably just a pocket-"

Bruce stopped speaking as the sounds of thunder crashed around them.

"It's getting worse," Harri said before rolling her eyes and walking away.

"So what are you saying?" Bruce asked. "We should leave?"

"I'm saying," Harri said, turning back to him so fast that her hair flung droplets of water at his face. "We've been out here for a week. I told Antonio it would be ten days max..even if we leave now we'll be a day late and I don't want to worry him."

"I have a satellite messenger," Bruce said. "We can send out a message to let him know everything is okay."

Harri sighed. "Then what?"

"We wait for the storm to pass," Bruce said as if it was obvious. "We won't be able to anchor here because of the weather but-"

"So, you're going to do what? Stay awake day and night going in circles around that rock?" Harri asked sounding even more annoyed.

Bruce blinked and turned away from her. He then sat in the sleek black helm chair in front of the steering wheel.

"I can program the boat to circle the rock formation," Bruce said. "Without getting too close."

Harri said nothing. She let out a huge sigh and left the cockpit.

.

.