Chapter 190

"Peach or apple?" Bruce asked Arsenio in the morning as Adriana walked into the kitchen.

"Ohpo!" Arsenio said and turned to Adriana. "Mommy!"

"Good morning, sweetheart," Adriana said and picked him up.

"Apple it is," Bruce said and kissed Adriana before going to the refrigerator.

"Good morning, Alfred," Adriana said as Alfred put a plate of pancakes, eggs and sausages in front of her usual seat.

"Good morning," he greeted her.

"Daddy, we wah woodee!" Arsenio said cheerfully. "You amm mee!"

"Huh?" Adriana asked, not understanding.

"You want to watch Toy Story again?" Bruce asked and Arsenio nodded. "It's a little early little one, and I need to go to work unfortunately.."

"I could watch with you," Adriana offered.

"Daddy!" Arsenio beamed.

"I see," Adriana laughed. "So Daddy is your favorite."

"Noooo," Arsenio said, not wanting to hurt Adriana's feelings.

"We're both your favorite aren't we," Bruce said and put Arsenio's fruit onto his tray and Arsenio nodded happily.

"I think he wants to spend time with you," Adriana could see it was obvious.

"You want to come to the office with me?" Bruce asked.

"Ya ya ya! Ya!" Arsenio said loudly.

"Okay then," Adriana said. "I could come pick him up early this afternoon."

"Or..." Bruce said and took Arsenio into his arms. "You could have a day off."

" Day off?" Adriana asked.

"I'm sure you've seen the news this morning. The police have finally shut down your app," Bruce said. "I'm sure things will be slower. You need a break and you deserve a day to rest. In fact, Alfred has already agreed to prepare dinner."

Alfred smiled and poured her juice. Bruce could see that she seemed more tired than usual.

"I appreciate that," Adriana said. "But...I don't think I need a day off."

"And I think that you do," Bruce said and put Arsenio into his high seat. "You've been tired lately."

"No I haven't," Adriana responded before realizing that he was right. She felt exhausted.

"Do it for me," Bruce said. "Relax, take a hot bath....the spa team can come later if you want a message or a body wrap. You deserve it."

Adriana cut into her pancakes. "Okay. For you."

.

.

.

"Good morning," the Joker greeted Adriana as soon as she walked into the pharmacy of the medical facility.

She had been looking for him everywhere and finally found him. He was behind the counter using a handheld scanning gun to scan bottles.

"What are you doing?" she asked him.

"Inventory," he said. "Dr, Kapoor has given me a task."

"Oh," Adriana said. 

"Must admit," he said as he held the scanning gun up. "Feels a bit strange holding this thing. Reminiscent."

"Oh...I'll bet," Adriana said as he scanned another bottle.

"Arsenio's not with you," the Joker noticed.