Chapter 126: Before Jordan (Part 1)

Author's Note:

I hope everyone had a good start to their week! Firstly, I'm sorry this chapter took longer than expected. I had lesser writing time this weekend and it didn't help that I changed the content a couple of times.

The next couple of chapters will cover the time HB and YJ spent before he leave for Jordan. Post their announcement, I started to feel like this period could have been a turning point in their relationship - change always happen when people are forced out of their comfort zone so this is my take 😊😂

The first half is based on a rumor that HB and YJ had a little party with his friends before he left for Jordan. (Thank you to the reader who shared the news 🥰) I spin this rumor together with an article I read on HB's close friend from the Marines.

The second half of the chapter touches on children. Hahaha, there's so much anticipation on their future children 🤣😊. I believe they are anticipating as well, hence the story!

I hope you all enjoy the chapter! Thank you for all your votes and comments! Have a great week ahead!

The clock was ticking towards the start of Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin's long distance relationship. They now have less than three weeks before his departure and every moment they had together felt precious and memorable.

They realized there were so many things they wanted to do before Hyun Bin left. They wanted to meet up with friends, needed to visit their parents, close up a property investment Ye-Jin was looking to do and most importantly, go on romantic dates! There was just so much to do and so little time!

Dinner with Hyun Bin's Senior

Ahn Jae-Wook was Hyun Bin's senior in the Marine Corps. The two men developed a close friendship during Hyun Bin's time in the Marines and remained fast friends until today. Jae-Wook had been working in the US for the past few years and conflicting schedules meant that they had not seen each other for almost two years.

Since the Covid outbreak, Jae-Wook had been trying to return to Korea to visit his parents. After numerous failed attempts, he finally confirmed his return date last week. To Hyun Bin's delighted, Jae-Wook was scheduled to arrive in Korea two weeks before he needed to leave for Jordan.

They excitedly arranged to meet for dinner. Now, it was worth noting that even though the two men have not met for a while, it was not normal for them to be "excited" about seeing each other. In fact, while they do miss enjoying a beer together, they were both fine with communicating through messages and the occasional phone call.

Why then were they excited to meet this time? It was all because of Ye-Jin, albeit for different reasons.

For Hyun Bin, he was excited for Ye-Jin to meet one of his closest friends. Jae-Wook was someone Hyun Bin trusted, respected and looked up to. He was also special because he's not from the industry. Hyun Bin treasured this sonbae who kept him anchored to realities.

For Jae-Wook, he was excited to finally meet Ye-Jin. Of course, he knew Son Ye-Jin the actress - every male in Korea did. What excited him was the fact that he would finally be meeting Son Eon-Jin, Kim Tae-Pyung's fiancée. 

For the last couple of years, all of Hyun Bin and Jae-Wook's conversations would somehow end up centering around Ye-Jin. To put in context, Hyun Bin was not the type of person who boasted about anything, even less so his girlfriend. Jae-Wook had been amused and somewhat intrigued by how Hyun Bin could not stop talking about her. No matter what their topic was, it always circled back to his Ye-Jin.

Hyun Bin had exuberantly informed Ye-Jin about the dinner date. He was so excited that, for once, he forgot to even ask her if she was available. He simply told her to attend dinner.