Chapter 137: The Journey Home

Author's Notes:

Hello! Hopefully everyone had a nice and restful weekend. 😊

This chapter is probably going to be a bit different from what some of you had in mind. I changed my mind a few times around how they would handle the quarantine period. (Which is why this took a bit longer than expected) I eventually decided on this 😅😂. I really just feel that HB would be cautious!

Lol, his Birthday now becomes the problem. I don't have the stomach to keep them apart for that so I probably will just go with what I want for the next chapter! 😉

I want to say thank you to readers who shared on the quarantine guidelines in South Korea. It was really useful and I did change the story line because what I originally thought was not true. Also, thanks for all your likes and comments!

Also, thanks to @Artiejjie for proof-reading. This chapter didn't flow as smoothly for me so thank you for all the fixes you made!

I hope everyone enjoys the chapter! The next one should be more inline with what people were expecting 😅🤣😂 so bear with me on this one!

Have a great week ahead!

30 August, 2020
(Hyun Bin's Return D-Day -13) : I'm Coming Home

On Video Call

"I've just confirmed my flight home!" Hyun Bin announced smilingly.

Ye-Jin's heart skipped a beat and she gasped, "When?"

He smiled, "I'll arrive on 10th September, Thursday."

Ye-Jin stood up so quickly her chair nearly toppled over. She clasped her hands in excitement and exclaimed, "This is absolutely the best news! Let's see. I get to see you in eleven days, right?!"

Hyun Bin laughed. He was used to Ye-Jin's "selective" mathematical prowess. She was amazingly quick when calculating bargains. With anything else, she would usually scrunch her nose and wait for someone else to do the math.

A honey-like warmth and sense of contentment filled Hyun Bin and he couldn't stop smiling. This was what it felt like to have someone to return to. She was his home. He was finally going home.

As he listened to Ye-Jin's excited chatter about all the things she wanted to do once he's back, Hyun Bin's smile faltered slightly.

He had something else to tell her. It was a difficult decision and even after deciding, he struggled with it. His heart ached and he steeled himself.

Ye-Jin noticed his increasingly somber expression and paused. "What's wrong?" she asked.

Hyun Bin carefully started, "Eon-Jin, we can physically meet only two weeks after I arrive."

Ye-Jin froze and blinked, the look of confusion on her face would have been adorable if the topic had been less painful. She tried to make sense of his statement but failed. "Why?" She blurted out.

Hyun Bin gave her a hapless smile, "I have to be quarantined for two weeks."

Ye-Jin frowned, "I know that. I read up on the guidelines. You can serve your quarantine at home. I've checked, engaged couples are considered family. As long as I abide by the quarantine rules, we can stay together."

Hyun Bin released the breath he had been holding. He had expected her to say this. He paused to reconvince himself on the merits of his decision before continuing, "Eon-Jin, that will put you at risk. No matter how much I want to be with you, I can't do it if it's at the expense of your well-being. I'll quarantine alone at my apartment and come home to you after I'm cleared."