Chapter 78: That Evening

Author's Note: Happy weekend everyone! I didn't originally plan for this chapter but I read some of the comments and also agree its worth doing a chapter to close up the uncertainty around that 'letting go of my hand' incident. 😅 So here it is, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Just want to say a big thank you for all your votes and comments. I started writing this (I now realize almost three months ago - amazed it has been that long) as an outlet for my imagination. Over this three months, I've come to realize the fun really comes from the reader's feedback, how you view their story and your thoughts on it. So thank you for making this a fun experience for me! I hope you continue to enjoy the story, lol, I hope we do get the news in real life - I'm not sure how i'm going to end this otherwise. Have a great weekend and take care!

Alert: Some adult content towards the end of the first main story, please skip if you're not comfortable.

It had been a long day for Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin. They had started at 9am in the saloon and finished all the recordings only at 7pm. Filming had ended late the previous night and they had a morning call time tomorrow.

This brutal scheduling would probably be the new normal for the next two months. Once the drama premier next week, filming would become even more intense and urgent. The harsh winter that was now upon them did not help, as some of the cast and crew had already come down with bad colds. The only silver lining was that they were together most of the time and they drew comfort from that.

Hyun Bin, worried that Ye-Jin was coming down with a cold, had asked her to come back to his apartment tonight. His mother had a homemade remedy for coughs which worked wonders for him and he wanted Ye-Jin to try. They had just finished dinner and Hyun Bin was washing the dishes while Ye-Jin sat at the kitchen island, drinking the cup of remedy drink Hyun Bin made.

Ye-Jin looked curiously at Hyun Bin or more accurately, at his back. He had been oddly quiet and somewhat distracted the entire evening. He had smiled and said he was tired when she asked but she knew it was an excuse. She sighed, he must still be brooding over her remarks about him letting go of her hand. She had seen the look of shock on his face which he hadn't been able to control. The editing team would have to do some niffy work to cut out that bit.

In truth, she had already forgotten that incident. It was common to have small accidents when filming and its part of their job. When Hyun Bin mentioned it, the memories came flooding back, including her momentary disgruntlement with him for letting go of her hand. She genuinely believed that she wouldn't  have fallen had he held onto her. That said, the key word was momentary because that was exactly how long that thought lasted. Once she saw how upset and pained he was by her injuries, all disgruntlement evaporated.

Ye-Jin frowned slightly. Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned it today. Today's recordings had been styled like a chit-chat between Hyun Bin and herself. She had been lured into a false sense of security because she was so comfortable with him. In addition, she had been exhausted and fueled by adrenaline, had let down her usual 'interview mode' filters. Both factors led her to voice her genuine thoughts during the interview. She definitely didn't blame Hyun Bin. She knew the accident had happened so quickly and unexpectedly that he didn't have time to react. He would have switched places in a second with her if he could.

Ye-Jin walked over to Hyun Bin and slide her arms around his waist, giving him a back hug. She rubbed her cheeks against his back, almost like a kitten showing her affection. Hyun Bin froze for a second, then relaxed his stance. He smiled as he finished rinsing off the last of the dishes. It was nice to feel her wrapped around him.