Chapter 112: And Some Side Stories

Author's Notes:

Hello! Hope everyone had a good week so far. A light-hearted chapter, I hope all of you enjoy it 😊 (I recall there was a suggestion earlier to include HB's neighbor... here he is! thank you for the suggestion)

Just going back to chapter 111. I was a little tentative when I wrote it - mainly around whether the adult content was a little too explicit. Everyone's response has been very kind and I'm glad to know that people could still feel the love between them. That was the intent 😉

Also, since we're probably all binjin fans here 🥰...

I'm sure most people are already voting (hang in there!) For anyone who's not yet voting for APAN (and is happy to vote of course, just ignore this comment if you're not into voting), do download the idolchamp app and help to vote. Everyone gets 40 red hearts a day just by watching 5 videos and posting a comment. So even if you don't buy hearts, you can still vote everyday. Both Bin and Jin are in second place and the gap seems to be stagnating. ☹️ Every little bit helps, especially if we have volume! Do help if you can! 💕

Meanwhile, have a good rest of week!

Story 1: The Living Arrangement

Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin's post-engagement living arrangements were decided about a week before the engagement. Hyun Bin was pleased with the end results but the process had been somewhat embarrassing. In fact, Hyun Bin's ears would still turn red when he recalled the conversation that lead to the decision. Why? Ye-Jin's parents had been an integral part of that conversation.

The result was exactly what Hyun Bin had hoped for though. He and Ye-Jin were going to stay at Hyun Bin's apartment for the week following the engagement ceremony. After that, Hyun Bin would move into Ye-Jin's apartment and they would begin a new phase in their lives.

Flashback to a week ago

Ye-Jin's parents had been staying at her apartment for almost a month. The COVID situation in Daegu was finally starting to stabilize and Mr and Mrs Son were looking forward to return home. Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin's engagement was happening in a week's time and unbeknownst to Ye-Jin, Mr and Mrs Son has discussed and agreed they should return to Daegu immediately after the engagement party.

In Mr and Mrs Son's minds, the timing was perfect. Their departure would give Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin back some of their privacy. Their arrival in Seoul was obviously a mixed bag for Hyun Bin. They knew Hyun Bin was genuinely glad to have them in Seoul. He had after all personally gone to Daegu to pick them up. However, it was also obvious to them that Hyun Bin was suffering from "lack of Ye-Jin time" syndrome. The poor boy practically lived in Ye-Jin's apartment during the day (together with them) and would reluctantly bid them goodnight every evening before despondently going back to his apartment. They had initially been amused by his woebegone expression every night but they were starting to feel sorry since they knew they were the cause of it.

Hyun Bin, Ye-Jin, Mr Son and Mrs Son were in the kitchen today, preparing dinner. The COVID situation had also spread to Seoul and they mainly spent their time at home.

Mr Son sat by the kitchen counter, munching on an apple while he observed his wife and Ye-Jin. His wife was currently nagging at Ye-Jin about how the vegetables needed to be sliced more finely. Ye-Jin was arguing that the vegetables would disappear in the stew if it's too fine. Hyun Bin wisely kept his mouth shut and pretended to focus on picking imaginary dirt out of the rice he was washing. Mr Son nodded to himself, Hyun Bin was a smart man, never get involved in an argument between two women, especially if they were both important to you.