Chapter 63: CLOY - Filming in Mongolia

Author's Notes: I rewatched the Mongolia filmed scenes to write this (it's a good excuse to watch one more time!) and I really fell in love with the drama again lol! I really like the evening scene and hope you guys enjoy the chapter!

Departure for Mongolia

Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin were scheduled to leave for Mongolia, Ulaanbaatar on 16th September. The media missed out on their Switzerland trip and were out in full force for this one.

The production team had publicized about Mongolia to drum up media coverage for the drama. It was understandable, but it meant Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin had to leave the country under close media scrutiny.

They had arranged to depart on the same flight. Most of the crew had departed a couple of days earlier to prepare and setup. Knowing there would likely be media presence, Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin agreed to play by ear. They didn't want to show up together in front of the media to avoid any awkward questions which may require them to lie.

Hyun Bin's team arrived first. Dong Wan spotted the media's cameras once their car pulled up at the drop off point. He signaled to Hyun Bin who nodded. Hyun Bin quickly messaged Manager Kim to inform him that the media was present. He got out of the car and waited as his team off-loaded the luggage.

Unfortunately, the message reached Manager Kim too late and their white van pulled up at the same time. Manager Kim quickly told Ye-Jin to stay in the van and for her assistant to get down here with a couple of the luggage first. Ye-Jin and Manager Kim will get down at the next drop off point.

Similar to the Switzerland trip, Hyun Bin's team was just standing around the pick up point as all this unfold. This time round, the make up artist knew better than to ask. She knew they were waiting for Hyun Bin to ensure Ye-Jin was settled.

Hyun Bin saw Ye-Jin's assistant and they exchanged a nod. As Ye-Jin's van drove off, he knew that Ye-Jin and Manager Kim would drop off at a different location. Satisfied that she'll be fine, Hyun Bin's group proceeded to enter the airport. The cameras followed him all the way to the check in counter. While he was used to this rather invasive action and knew that the reporters were just doing their job, it was still uncomfortable to have multiple cameras capturing your every move. He maintained a neutral expression. There were some fans present at the airport and they handed him some small gifts. He was usually relaxed and had a big smile for fans but it was different today. He was slightly tensed and still half-worried about Ye-Jin and could only thank his fans with a slight nod and small smile.

As he waited for the airport staff to check him in, he saw Ye-Jin appear. The cameras were also following her closely and he clenched his fist in frustration. She looked in his direction and smiled brightly. She was still a distance from him but he met her eyes for a brief moment. She was telling him she's fine. He relaxed his fist.

Ye-Jin went to the check in counter next to his and thankfully, the media were not allowed to approach the check-in counters. He intentionally avoided Ye-Jin but from the corner of his eye, he could see her smiling and waving at the media. The rest of his frustration dissipated and he actually felt like grinning. His Ye-Jin was a constant source of surprise. She was the one worried about the media but at crunch time, she was also the one diffusing the tension with her cheerfulness and friendliness. He bit his lips to keep from smiling and proceed to enter immigration.

It was close to departure time and they met directly at the gate. They sat at a quiet corner, cautious to avoid any physical contact which may cause speculations.

"Are you really okay?" Hyun Bin asked in a low tone. "I saw the cameras stalking you as well."

Ye-Jin smiled softly, she knew he would be angered by that. That was why she had put on a bright and chirpy front, to make sure he saw that she was fine. It was of course uncomfortable to have cameras right in your face but it's part of their job. "Yes I'm fine. And stalking is exaggerating, the cameras kept a reasonable distance." she scrunched her nose at him and broke into a small laugh.