Chapter 149: Ye-Jin's 2021 Birthday

Author's Notes:

Happy Monday everyone! I had originally planned to do the chapter on people's reaction but it somehow evolved into Ye-Jin's birthday. I'll get to that in the next one or two chapters 😊

Once again, thank you for voting and  leaving comments! Also, we really hit the 1M read mark 🎉🎈🥳 so BIG BIG thank you to everyone reading and hahaha, re-reading!

I hope you enjoy the chapter and have a great week ahead! 💕

Alert: There is adult content in the last section of the chapter. Please skip or read at your own discretion.

Ye-Jin's last birthday of her thirties would be unforgettable. Hyun Bin, her fans, family and friends - they gifted her with wonderful memories she would treasure for the rest of her life.

The Birthday Gift Idea

A man's strangulated laughter broke the silence. Hyun Bin pushed himself up, twisted his body away to escape and held out his hands to protect himself. This woman was dangerous!

Ye-Jin gave him an exasperated look, "Kim Tae-Pyung! Stop over-reacting. I barely touched you!"

His eyes widened. Barely touched?! She must be joking! She had a strange definition of barely touch!

With narrowed eyes, Ye-Jin warned, "Come back here and let me continue."

Hyun Bin shook his head vehemently. He's a proud Marine, conditioned to withstand harsh physical conditions and torture but this was too much. He was going to die from.... tickles. 😶

Ye-Jin caught hold of his arm and pushed him back on the bed. She grumbled, "Are you a baby? I'm giving you a massage! You make it look like I'm torturing you." She placed her hands on his waist and experimentally pressed again.

Hyun Bin gasped, uncharacteristically giggled and tried to escape again. "This is not a massage!"

Ye-Jin gave his posterior a slap to stop him from squirming. She couldn't help but notice how firm and bouncy they were. She berated herself. Focus, Eon-Jin, focus!

She changed tactics, "Omeonim has been complaining about back aches. My masseuse showed me some pain relief techniques but I need to try them out first. Shouldn't you help me?"

Hyun Bin shook his head resolutely. There was nothing wrong with his back. Why should he be the guinea pig? Also, there was no way this would help his mother - unless the plan was to tickle her into forgetting her aches.

She glared at him. He was a brat! How could he ignore his own mother's pain? Ye-Jin's mind raced for another angle. Her eyes brightened! She put on her most forlorn look and mourned, "You're starting to tire of me right? You used to like it when I touched you. You've never run away from my touch before..."

Hyun Bin had to swallow back his laughter. He applauded her latest tactic. Should he play along? The tickling was torturous but this could lead to a nice reward if he played his cards right. It was worth a try.

He put on a remorseful look and lay down obediently beside her. He said, "You know I will never tire of you... You're right, I was being a baby. Alright, try again. Press firmly, it tickles when the touch is light."

Excited, Ye-Jin turned back to her task at hand. Unlike Hyun Bin, her motives were pure. She genuinely wanted to make sure the massage technique worked. She mumbled, "Two fingers above the tailbone," and placed her hands. She pressed firmly and worked her hands around the waist. "Is it comfortable?" she asked.