Chapter 44: November and December 2018 (Part 1)

Author's Notes: Hope everyone is having a good weekend! I wanted to do a couple more chapters around their lives around the end of 2018. My guess was that this is the time they start to integrate their lives :) hope you enjoy the chapter!

November and December were beautiful months. As the temperature plummet in Seoul, people rushed home after their activities. This was the season where families spend time together, lovers cozy up at home, friends gather.

Like all other couples, Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin tried to spend as much time as they could together. Unfortunately, Hyun Bin's schedule was still packed with filming for Memories of Alhambra and promotions for Rampant and they frequently had to sneak time in between to meet.

Story 1: Date Night

Hyun Bin was in a big rush. His filming schedule over-ran today and he was supposed to meet Ye-Jin at his apartment twenty minutes ago. By the time he managed to call her, she was already on her way. He apologized and told her he may be an hour late. She had cheerfully told him not to worry and take his time but he didn't want her to wait and was anxious to get to her.

Hence the unusual scene in the car. Hyun Bin was driving and Dong Wan, who would usually have been driving, was relegated to the passenger seat. Hyun Bin kept tapping his feet as he waited for the traffic lights to change. The instant the lights turned green, their car zoomed off. Dong Wan held onto the side handles for dear life.

Dong Wan grumbled to himself, "Isn't it more important that you make it there alive? Nuna will have to wait longer if we end up in the hospital."

Ignoring Dong Wan and without taking his eyes off the road, Hyun Bin placed a call to Ye-Jin using voice assistance. She picked up on the first ring.

"I'm on my way Eon-Jin," Hyun Bin said. "Are you still near my house? Where shall I pick you from?"

"Yes, I'm at the convenience store just two streets away." came her cheerful but somewhat unsteady reply.

Hyun Bin frowned, she sounded a little shaky. "Okay, I know which one, I'll reach in ten minutes, wait inside the shop, I'll call you again when we arrive. Wait inside okay?"

As Hyun Bin expected, Ye-Jin didn't listen. She was already waiting along the side of the road when the car pulled up. His expression soften when he saw her wide smile. Dong Wan quickly hopped out and allowed Ye-Jin to get onto the front passenger seat.

Hyun Bin leaned over to give her a hug. She was like an ice-cube! He frowned again, "How long were you waiting outside? You're freezing!"

Ye-Jin gave a guilty looking smile and replied, "Not very long." She quickly changed the topic, let's quickly go before anyone notices us. She reached out her hands to move his arms back to the steering wheels. Hyun Bin's frown deepened when he felt how cold her hands were.

They turned into his apartment carpark and alighted. Dong Wan gave Ye-Jin a sympathetic look and wave as he drove off. Nuna was in trouble today. He can picture Hyung nagging Nuna to death about keeping warm.

Hyun Bin took off his coat and bundled Ye-Jin in it as they walked towards the lift. She opened her mouth to protest but closed it again when he lifted his eye-brows at her.

Once in the house, Hyun Bin led Ye-Jin to the bathroom and said, "Take a hot shower first. I don't want you to get pneumonia. I'm going downstairs to pick up something. I'll be back shortly."

Ye-Jin nodded and obediently went to take a shower. In truth, she had been walking around in the cold for the last hour. It was difficult for her to go indoors without revealing her identify and she had decided it was safer to hang around outside. She really was freezing.