Chapter 103: How to Get Out of the Dog House

Author's Note:

Happy Monday everyone!

Thank you for all your comments. 😊 I had originally used WW drama just as an entertaining end to the previous chapter. lol, I have not watched the drama myself and have no intention of doing so. (and hence can't write on it!) I don't think I have the stomach for it. 😋

I had originally planned to move onto CLOY wrap-up party for this chapter, but after reading the feedback, figured I need a closure to the previous chapter. So here's a light-hearted one... no jealous YJ, more of groveling HB and a sweet end (because I don't see them really fighting over this). Hope you enjoy the chapter, and have a good week ahead! Thanks again for reading!

It was Day 5 of their supposedly "free" week, which had ironically been busy thus far. Both Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin had been busy the first few days due to unforeseen visitors, which were out of their control.

Today was going to be a busy day as well, albeit with a slight twist. It was all between Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin. Hyun Bin was going to be busy groveling while Ye-Jin was going to be busy enjoying herself.

Flashback to Last Night

Yesterday's TV night had been one huge fiasco. After stalking off to the bedroom, Ye-Jin had became increasingly miffed. The more she stewed on it, the more she realized how ridiculous, childish and outrageous Hyun Bin had been. Her and Woo-Sung Oppa? Hyun Bin was worse than the paparazzies! At least paparazzies created stories from something. Hyun Bin created gossips out of nothing!

Hyun Bin was already berating himself for his behavior. He had no excuse except that he must have been temporarily insane. He had never behaved like this in his life. He had been clouded with jealousy when he saw the sparks between Woo-Sung Hyung and Ye-Jin in the movie and just lost his mind. He groaned thinking of the hole he had dug for himself. He had to figure out how to fill it up, without him being buried in it.

Ye-Jin had gone to bed with her back to him, clearly still annoyed. He had gingerly moved himself until he was lying just behind her and placed his hand on her waist. She had initially scooted away from him. He followed her until she reached the end of the bed. She then turned back and glared at him, as if warning him not to do anything else funny or he'll regret it but she had not push him away further.

Ye-Jin had fallen asleep soon after and Hyun Bin gathered her gently into his arms. Now that he had her back in his arms, he could smile over how absurd the situation had been. The fact that it happened was actually an eureka moment for Hyun Bin. He has always been an extremely rational individual. With all of his past relationships, he had been unable to understand why his partners had sometimes insisted on becoming jealous over nothing. In his mind, there was a clear line between work and personal and he couldn't comprehend why they didn't see it.

Call it poetic justice but he could understand now. He now realized jealousy had nothing to do with personality type. He had never felt this way before probably only because he had never loved deeply enough. It was easy to be rational when you were not fully vested in. He wasn't trying to make excuses for his behavior but with Ye-Jin, he was head-over heels in and that was why he was acting this way.

It was not easy to untangle his feelings. Hyun Bin was fully committed to and respectful of Ye-Jin's rights to make her own decisions. This was after all already the twenty-first century and he was fully sold on equal rights for women. However, he was learning that there is a difference between women rights and a man's rights over his women or for that matter, a woman's rights over her man. He realized he was less liberal in the latter. In this area, when he felt threatened, he could be possessive, narrow-minded and unreasonable. He pondered over it but still didn't think he was wrong to act like this. It was natural in his view. Of course, it applied to both men and women. He would apply the same yardstick for Ye-Jin as well. She was entitled to feel the same about him.