Chapter 166: Food... the Way to the Heart

Author's Note:

Happy Mid-week! I hope everyone had a good week so far. Another couple of days to the weekend! Again, apologies this took longer than expected and thank you for waiting! Time seems to fly by everyday and there's just not enough hours to do everything i want. (I love to sleep so that gets priority most of the time😋)

I've been waiting to write this chapter since the pictures came up! hahahah... love food and this is close to heart! (Although i have to admit I'm not a fan of mushrooms! 😅😁) Also... i saw the 1st Jan good news of HB's real-life assistant/manager and couldn't resist writing it in! Congratulations to the happy man too!

Thank you as usual for reading, voting, commenting! I'm slower with responding but i definitely will read all of them. I hope you enjoy this chapter and have a good rest of week! 🥰

1) Home-made Dumplings

Flashback to a week ago, at home

"Eon-Jin?" Hyun Bin called as he looked into the study. She was not there. He had already checked the bedroom, kitchen, balcony and guest room. There was only one place left.

He went up the stairs and immediately saw Ye-Jin by the flower garden. She was on the phone. He leaned against the wall and watched, captivated by her animated expressions and bright smiles.

"I'm so happy the In-laws will be in Seoul! It's been two months since I last saw your mum. I want to bring her to this new boutique I found. She's going to love the clothes there!" Mrs Kim exclaimed. "Eon-Jin, we have to set up lunches and dinners!"

Ye-Jin smiled. She was very thankful that their parents got along well. Whilst a relationship was between a man and a woman, it was naïve to believe that the people around them did not matter. Their parents' acceptance and support gave their relationship a strong foundation.

An idea struck Ye-Jin. Talk about killing two birds with one stone! She exclaimed, "Ommonim! Shall we have a dumpling party? We visited this dumpling place a few months ago and it was delicious. I really want to try making dumplings!"

Mrs Kim laughed. Ye-Jin's excitement was contagious. "Dumplings are a great idea. It'll be nice to make them together."

Hyun Bin heard the words "dumpling party" and bit back his laughter. Ever since they visited the dumpling shop (A/N: Chapter 152), Ye-Jin had been talking about making her own dumplings. It looks like she finally found the opportunity.

Ye-Jin turned around and spotted him by the door. "Tae-Pyung!" she called out excitedly, "We're having a dumpling party next week!"

Back to current time, at Ye-Jin's apartment

"And lastly, the chives." Mrs Kim said. Ye-Jin removed her hands and Mrs Kim poured in the finely chopped chives. "Give it one final good mix!"

Ye-Jin's hands dived enthusiastically into the mix and she gave it a good toss. From the side, Mrs Son nodded approvingly. The filling looked good.

They carried the bowl of filling, dumpling skins and starch solution over to the dining table.

"Tae-Pyung Appa!" Mrs Kim called loudly. "We're ready to start!"

After a long while, Hyun Bin appeared in the kitchen, a sheepish smile on his face. "The baseball match is still on. They'll join us when it finishes."

Mrs Kim snorted, "I'm sure the match will end when the dumplings are ready to eat."

Hyun Bin scratched his head. He was also sure that would be the case. He hurriedly sat down and picked up a dumpling skin, "I'm ready to learn."