Chapter 42: Rampant VIP Screening

Author's Notes:  Thanks for all your comments and votes :) I'm glad you guys are enjoying the story. There's so much news on our couple these days it makes current news more exciting than the fictional history 😂 But I'm still enjoying myself writing, so i'll press on with this chronologically. Hopefully we get good news in the near future. Hope you like the chapter!

Hyun Bin was extremely busy after returning to Seoul. They were in the thick of filming for Memories of Alhambra and he was also going to start promotions for the movie Rampant. While he was used to tight schedules, it was so compact this time round, even he was struggling. He caught up on sleep in between shoots and while traveling between locations.

He had not seen Ye-Jin since they parted in Daegu two weeks ago. She returned to Seoul last week and he had only been able to have daily video calls with her. He really missed her. Ironically, Ye-Jin kept trying to shorten their calls because she could see how exhausted he was and wanted him to rest. The VIP screening for Rampant will be in two days and Ye-Jin will be attending. He was looking forward to finally seeing her in person.

Rampant VIP Screening

Hyun Bin was backstage putting on makeup. His makeup artist was starting to get exasperated. The normally cool and calm Hyun Bin has been fiddling with his phone every few minutes, turning his head to look around him and in general just unable to sit still.

"Bin-shi," the makeup artist finally gave up. "Do you need to go somewhere first?"

Hyun Bin's ears turned red and he immediately sat upright, "No, no, I'm just looking for my manager. It's okay, let's finish with makeup first."

Ye-Jin arrived for the VIP screening with CEO Lee and manager. She waved at them as she went to the red carpet entrance. They would meet inside the theater. She was dressed simply in jeans and a dark gray blouse, with a full length light gray coat. There were a lot of reporters as well as fans present. Ye-Jin smiled and greeted some of the familiar faces as she walked up the stage for the customary photo-taking. She was glad to see the lively crowd and extensive media presence. She knew Hyun Bin worked very hard on Rampant and she hoped it would do well in the box office.

The VIP guests entered the theater where they would view the public interview with the cast on screen. Ye-Jin was seated at the right corner of the fourth row, together with actress Ha Ji-Won. They have not seen each other in a long time and were catching up on their latest happenings. While they have not worked together before, Ha Ji-Won was a senior actress who has always been kind to her whenever they met and they had developed a friendship over the years.

"Onni," Ye-Jin gave her a warm hug. "It's been such a long time. I'm so glad to see you."

"Ye-Jin, how have you been? I saw your movie with Bin-shi. It was really good." Ha Ji-Won praised. "Was it your first time working with him?"

Ye-Jin nodded. "Yes, filming wasn't easy but it was a good experience."

Ha Ji-Won laughed, "He's friendlier than he looks right. He was younger and more playful when I worked with him on Secret Garden. I haven't seen him recently but we meet up once in a while for drinks. I find that he has become more serious and stern with people he's not familiar with."

"Everyone seems to say he's serious and stern, Onni," Ye-Jin laughed. "But we get along well so it was good."

Ha Ji-Won looked at Ye-Jin, "I think the two of you should get along very well. Your personality types suit each other. And you looked very good together."

Ye-Jin turned slightly pink at the compliment and Ha Ji-Won's sharp eyes caught it. She wondered if there's something going on between them but kept it to herself. They continued to chat on common friends and projects until the cast came onto stage for introductions.