Chapter 167: Flashbacks - Our Firsts...

Author's Note: Happy Mid-week everyone! So much has happened since my last update... Congrats to the happy couple. Hahahah... even though I knew it would happen some day, it still feels surreal that it's actually happened 😁🤣😍🥰

Also, apologies for the long wait for this chapter. I had a little "covid chaos" at home! Everyone at home caught covid. Thankfully our symptoms are all mild and the chaos was more logistics and inconvenience rather than any real health threat. I have to say though, it's a strange feeling to finally come down with it.

I was planning to do a flashback chapter but I changed the contents a few times. (still thinking if i'll have a part 2 on this)The second story is from a reader's suggestion on the song Hyun Bin sang in his fan-meetings. I actually didn't see these videos prior to this so thank you for your suggestion! lol, I had the song on loop the past few days... 🤣 He has a really lovely voice 😍

Thank you again for waiting so patiently! And also thank you for all your 🧡, reads and comments! I read all the comments (although I haven't got around to replying them all). With the wedding news, I think there's more reads recently: to re-readers - thank you for re-reading! 🥰🥰🥰, to new readers, welcome to the story! Have a great week ahead!

Story 1: Our First Letter

Back in late June 2018, Hyun Bin filming MOTA in Europe, Ye-Jin back in Seoul after her work/holiday in Europe

Ye-Jin let out an exasperated sigh, "This is the fifth time we're saying good night. You need to hang up so you can sleep!"

Hyun Bin smiled and gently stroked her face on the iPad. She was adorable, even more so with her narrowed eyes and pouty lips. How he wished he could touch her face in person. He sighed. It was not going to happen with more than 8,000 kilometers between them. They were not even in the same time zone! It was already 2am and he had an 8am call time. She was right, he really should be sleeping.

It has been two weeks since they parted at Barcelona and he missed her like crazy. (A/N: Chapter 28) Except for when he was filming, she consumed all his thoughts. For the first time in his life, he was counting down the days until he could return to Korea.

"Kim Tae-Pyung!" Ye-Jin exclaimed. Instead of hanging up the phone, he was smiling dreamily at her!

His smile widened. Her voice was music to his ears, even when she was preparing to lecture him. He was really off the deep end! He nodded contritely, "Alright, I'm going to hang up for real  and go to bed."

Just as Ye-Jin was about to disconnect the line, Hyun Bin said, "Just one last thing-"

She paused and gave him a knowing look. What other delay tactics did he have up his sleeve? To her surprise, the tips of his ears turned red and he said bashfully, "I sent you something. It should be arriving any day now. Keep a lookout for it."

Ye-Jin was surprised. He was returning to Korea next week. What did he have to give her that couldn't wait for another week? Before she could ask, he gave her a bright smile, waved goodnight and disconnected the video call.

She continued to look at her, now blank, mobile screen and her lips curved into a sweet smile. A warm and toasty feeling enveloped her as she wondered what he had sent. It was wonderful to be in love.

The next day, in Seoul, Ye-Jin's apartment

Ye-Jin sat down on the sofa, bemusement all over her face. The postman had just delivered Hyun Bin's "something". She had gone to bed last night imagining what he had sent. Bags, jewelry, clothes, hand-made souvenirs, snacks... She had considered everything possible. Or so she thought. She hadn't considered the envelope she was holding. He had sent her a letter.