Chapter 46: Christmas 2018

It was finally the eve of Christmas 2018!

Christmas in 2017 was lonely for Hyun Bin while Ye-Jin spent it with her co-workers. So much has happened in one short year and Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin were both thankful that they have found each other. This was their first Christmas together and they will remember it forever.

Memories of Alhambra filming set

Hyun Bin was scheduled to finish filming only at 9pm today. He knew it was unlikely they would finish early but was still hoping against hope they would. He knew of the schedule in advanced and had already managed Ye-Jin's expectations. But it was their first ever Christmas together and he wanted so much to spend it together.

He was putting in his all to complete his scenes in one take, but he still had to wait for the last scene which was only scheduled to start at 7.30pm. He sighed, no matter how much he put in, unless he can shift the start time, there was no way he could finish earlier. He sighed again, he should have an early dinner at least, and get dinner off the "list of things to do before knocking off". Where was Dong Wan?

_______________________________

Across the set, Dong Wan had been talking with the assistant director and producer for the last twenty minutes. He was trying to get the last scene shifted up on the filming schedule. He noticed a 45 minutes vacant slot they could potentially leverage. They had assigned 75 minutes for the last scene, which was likely why the scheduling team had given up on the earlier 45 minute slot. He was now trying to convince them that Hyun Bin can reasonably complete the scene in 45 minutes.

"Director-nim, trust me, Hyun Bin can finish in two takes. 45 minutes is enough. If we use this slot, we can all go back two hours earlier and celebrate Christmas. We'll all win, right? What's the worst that can happen? If he can't complete the scene, we'll continue using the original slot."

The Assistant Director nodded, it sounded logical, there was no down side to trying. "Alright, Dong Wan-shi, let's give it a try. Hyun Bin needs to be ready in twenty minutes then."

Dong Wan smiled widely, "Yes, Director-nim! I'll inform Hyun Bin now!"

_______________________________

"Hyung!" Dong Wan literally ran back to Hyun Bin.

"Where were you, Dong Wan?" Hyun Bin asked listlessly. "What shall we have for dinner? I can't believe I'm going to have Christmas eve dinner with you."

Dong Wan rolled his eyes. I should be saying that, Hyung. Magnanimous as he was, Dong Wan decided to be generous and put Hyun Bin out of his misery. "I'm going to give you the best Christmas present ever, Hyung." Dong Wan said with a big smile.

Hyun Bin continued looking at his phone and asked disinterestedly. "Are you going to start listening to me in future?"

Dong Wan thought to himself, you're going to be sorry you were sarcastic . "Even better, Hyung." He didn't realize that he was technically admitting to not listening to Hyun Bin.

Hyun Bin looked up, slightly interested now because Dong Wan sounded so smug. "What is it?"

Dong Wan broke into a wide smile, "We start filming for the last scene in fifteen minutes. I got it moved up the schedule. If you can complete in 45 minutes, we knock off two hours earlier."

Hyun Bin rarely express his emotions (caveat: Ye-Jin related events aside), but his eyes grew wide at Dong Wan's announcement and he broke into a broad smile. He suddenly felt a teeny weeny bit of guilt about his sarcastic comment earlier. It was the truth that Dong Wan frequently doesn't listen to him but that said, he's still the best manager, ever.

Our Story - Binjinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें