Chapter 101: The Unexpectedly Busy Week (Part 1)

Author's Note: Hope everyone is having a good week! The next couple of chapters are going to be on how our couple spent their week before the wrap-up party 😊 I wanted to link this to the lack of interviews by Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin given the success of CLOY. Personally felt that they made the choice so that's how it goes in the story! The second half ties back to Chapter 97.

I hope you enjoy the chapter and thanks for all your votes and comments! And happy mid-autumn festive, happy Chuseok for folks who are celebrating. If you don't, have a great rest of week!

Filming for Crash Landing on You finished just one week before the final weekend of broadcast. The production team had scheduled the wrap-up party for this coming Sunday, coinciding with the drama's final episode. The entire cast and crew would have dinner and drinks and watch the final broadcast together.

Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin had the entire week off with no work schedule. They had planned to spend a relaxing week together and maybe start thinking about their engagement event. The reality couldn't be further from them. They were dreaming when they thought it would be a relaxing week. This week turned out to be so busy, it was almost as if they were still filming.

What happened? So many things...

The Surge in Ratings and Interest in Crash Landing on You

The ratings for episode 14 climbed to 18.6%. Viewership had been steadily climbing throughout the broadcast period and there had been a surge in the last couple of weeks. Everyone was hopeful they will end with a bang and peak with the final two episodes.

Despite initial controversy due to the North-South Korea theme, they received glowing reviews from both viewers and media critics. This suddenly became the hottest drama and everyone was talking about it. It wasn't just the Korean viewers, international viewership was also surging and they were gaining waves of fans across Asia.

The entire team was ecstatic with the results. Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin were of course delighted. This project was their baby and it warmed their hearts that everyone seemed to love it. This was testimony to their hard work and even more satisfying, proof of their professionalism. The Korean entertainment industry generally frowned upon couples working together. There was a perception or mire accurately, misperception of unprofessionalism. The success of their drama was clear proof that couples could collaborate professionally. It was however, unfortunate that they had to keep quiet about it.

While they enjoyed the success of their drama, the same spectacular results ironically became the source of their biggest headache.

Day 2, Morning - At Hyun Bin's Apartment

Hyun Bin woke up alone in bed. A quick glance at the bedside clock told him that it was only 8am. Surprised that Ye-Jin would be up so early, he quickly washed up and went in search of her.

The fragrant buttery smell of pancakes greeted him the instant he opened the bedroom door. Hyun Bin smiled. She got up early to make breakfast. He walked towards the kitchen and stood silently by the entrance as he observed her.

The sight before him was so domesticated he felt a surge of warmth pass through him. Ye-Jin was dressed simply in a pair of shorts and sweater. He smiled as he took a moment to appreciate her shapely legs which were on full display. Her hair was piled loosely on the top of her head and stray curls gently framed her face. She looked almost ethereal.

In Hyun Bin's view, this was Ye-Jin at her most beautiful. She didn't need make-up or beautiful clothings to bring out her beauty. If anything, those superficial objects hid her natural beauty. Her eye-smile, pert little nose and the look of love in her eyes were all she needed. Hyun Bin shook his head, even he was surprised by how Ye-Jin only seemed to look more beautiful as time passed.