Chapter 26: Meeting in Barcelona (Part 1)

The weeks flew by, Hyun Bin's filming was tough but tracking on schedule and he has a two day break from tomorrow while they focus on scenes without him. Ye-Jin had completed her photo-shoot in Nice and had spent the past few days touring the region with her team. Her team was scheduled to depart for Seoul today and Ye-Jin would continue to tour around Europe for another week.

She's going to catch the flight tonight to Barcelona and meet Hyun Bin at the airport. She recalled their conversation about a week ago.

Flashback to one week ago

[Hyun Bin] Are you still in Nice Ye-Jin? I have a two day break from next Monday 😊 I can fly over on Sunday night if you're still there.

[Ye-Jin] That's wonderful! I've been looking at the flights, let's just meet in Barcelona. It's a direct flight for you and its nearer. I don't have a rush to return, so it makes sense to pick a place easy for you to get to.

[Hyun Bin] Are you sure? Where did you plan to go? I don't want you to travel unnecessarily, especially when you're alone.

[Ye-Jin] It's fine, I'll probably stay around Barcelona after that. There's a nice beach, I can stay there for a couple of days and just roam around.
Let's meet at the airport, I'll confirm my flight time after I book the ticket.

Present – Nice, France

Ye-Jin had just said goodbye to her team and returned to her hotel room. She has a late check-out at 4pm and she'll catch her flight to Barcelona. She was starting to get nervous about seeing Hyun Bin. She did miss seeing him in person. But if she was honest, him being away also allowed her to maintain the comfortable status quo and delay any significant progress in their relationship. They kept constant contact through video calls and messages, but with them being in different spaces, there was no pressure to bring the relationship a step deeper.

Now that she was going to spend two days with him, and in a foreign country no less, she was feeling nervous about what she should expect to happen. She's an adult, she knows the potential implications on going on holiday 'together'. She didn't know what Hyun Bin was thinking and her sometimes wild sense of imagination was starting to go into overdrive mode.

Granada, Spain

Hyun Bin had just finished his last scene for today and was humming under his breath as he prepared to return to the hotel. He was reminding Dong Wan not to contact him unless absolutely necessary and Dong Wan was trying to remind him to be discreet and careful and not get caught.

Hyun Bin threw a puzzled glance at Dong Wan, "Do you know who I'm meeting, why would I need to be discreet?"

Dong Wan sighed inwardly, for someone so smart, his boss can be slow sometimes. "Hyung, are her initials SYJ? Everyone from our company knows, not to mention me. You're not exactly secretive, you know."

"Everyone knows? How can that be, I haven't mentioned it to anybody!" Hyun Bin protested.

"Trust me, Hyung, you don't need to say a word," Dong Wan patted him on the back and walked into the hotel.

Barcelona, Spain

Hyun Bin's flight landed at Barcelona at 8pm, Ye-Jin was expected about 30 mins later. He was waiting anxiously at her gate.

He broke into a wide grin when he finally spotted her. She had to be Dong Wan's soulmate, he chuckled. Despite it being late at night, she had on sunglasses, a baseball cap and an oversized sweater. He could barely see her face. She must be equally paranoid about them being caught together.