Chapter 105: The Next Chapters (Part 1)

Author's Notes: And so we begin the next time period 😊 Apart from the engagement, I'm thinking this period will mostly evolve around the routine day to day things for them, little stories of every day life... lol, hopefully not too mundane to the point  it gets boring... but let's see how it goes. 😂

Thanks for all your suggestions, comments, votes and I hope you enjoy this. Have a great weekend!

A New Activity

The room was in total darkness. Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin were sound asleep, tired out by all the activities last night. As usual, Ye-Jin was curled up beside Hyun Bin, her head resting on his arm, her arm wrapped around his waist and her legs entwined with his with her feet resting on his larger ones. This was her favorite sleeping position.

At exactly 6am, the alarm sounded. There was no response from the two of them and the incessant beeping continued. After almost a minute, Ye-Jin finally groaned. Still half asleep, she moved to reach the offending alarm clock, only to have a strong arm encircle her waist and pull her back.

Hyun Bin gathered Ye-Jin back into his arms and used his leg to anchor her to him. He murmured, "Where are you going? Let's just sleep awhile more." He nuzzled her hair and took a deep breath.

Ye-Jin settled back into Hyun Bin's embrace and closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth and security he provided. Even though they regularly stayed over at each other's apartment, Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin mostly lived in their own homes. That changed when Ye-Jin accepted Hyun Bin's proposal. Since then, they had spent almost every night together, either at his or her home. Ye-Jin suddenly realized how addictive Hyun Bin was. She could no longer remember how it felt to sleep alone, which was strange, given how she's slept alone most of her life.

She smiled as she felt his lips against her nape and she knew, they needed to get up now if they wanted to follow through their plans for today.

Ye-Jin turned around, and came face to face with Hyun Bin. His eyes were still closed but he had a mischievous smile on his face. She knew it, he was already awake.

Ye-Jin gave Hyun Bin a light peck on the lips and whispered, "Let's get up. It'll be too late otherwise. You're the one who suggested we do this, remember?" Without waiting for Hyun Bin's response, which as expected was a delayed groan of protest, Ye-Jin sat up and climbed off the bed.

Hyun Bin opened his eyes and groaned again. Ye-Jin was right, this was his suggestion. He must have been crazy to suggest something which required them to get up so early.

What were they going to do? They were going jogging.

Flashback to last week - One afternoon in Hyun Bin's apartment

Ye-Jin was seated cross-legged on the sofa, a piece paper in one hand and a pen on the other. She looked deep in thought. Hyun Bin, on the other hand, was lounging on the sofa, munching an apple as he looked on in amusement at Ye-Jin.

"Eon-Jin, there's no need to think so hard over this," Hyun Bin commented. "It's a break, we don't need to actually do anything if we don't want to."

Ye-Jin ignored him. Hyun Bin sighed. He had no one but himself to blame for this. As usual, he should have thought before opening his big mouth. What did he do? They had an entire month off before he start filming for Bargaining. Apart from the engagement ceremony, they had no concrete plans. Hyun Bin had casually asked Ye-Jin if there was anything specific she wanted to do in the coming month. His mistake was asking that question. He forgot about Ye-Jin's penchant for planning.

Ye-Jin had stared at him blankly, as if stunned by his question. She had been so busy recently that she honestly had not been thinking beyond the next day. That was a good question, it was an entire month. How could she not plan for it!