Chapter 72: That Night at the Cinema

Author's Note: Happy Mid-week! As mentioned, taking a break from cloy scenes. There was so much happy news the last few days (I chose to look at the positive aspect for all the news! 😂 ) Didn't originally intend for the chapter to circle around adult activities but it landed up this way. I'll go back to cloy filming after this. Hope you enjoy the chapter!
Alert: Adult content, please skip the chapter if you do not wish to see it.

It was close to midnight when they finished filming but Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin were feeling almost exuberant. Why? Tomorrow would be the first time in months they had a full day off, at the same time.

They thanked the staff for today's hard work and went to change out of their set clothes. Ye-Jin was in a long flowing skirt and white blouse and Hyun Bin in cotton pants and turtleneck. They hoped onto their respective cars with their managers and left. Everything looks normal? Yes and by now, what would happen after that was also normal. Manager Kim and Dong Wan would stop at the next turn and they would exchange passengers.

Ye-Jin waved goodbye to Kim Oppa and Dong Wan and slide into the car through the door Hyun Bin was holding. He then slide into the driver's seat and they were off.

Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin learnt about the day off last week. Most of the senior production team would be meeting tomorrow to review the teasers and also first couple of episodes. Given the core crew would be unavailable, they had decided to halt filming for the day. Everyone had filmed hard for the last few months and were looking forward to the day off.

Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin deliberated over what they should do. In truth, they were both exhausted and going home to sleep for the next twenty four hours was a very appealing option. But at the same time, it felt like such a waste of a precious day off. While they did spend a lot of time together the last few months due to filming, there was still a difference between working and private time.

They finally decided to catch a movie tonight. It was kind of ironic to watch a movie when they were trying to take a break from filming but what they really wanted was to indulge in some 'us' time and do things couples normally do.

It was nearly 1am when they arrived. They had picked a cinema in the suburbs and it was relatively quiet. Hyun Bin was just in time to get tickets for the last show that night. He had no idea what movie was screening and didn't have any choices anyway since it was the last show for the night. Hyun Bin did a quick check when they entered the theater, there were probably six other couples and no one was interested in them.

They settled into their couple seats and munched on popcorn while they waited for the movie to begin. Ye-Jin smiled as she brought a popcorn to Hyun Bin's mouth. She giggled when his lips lightly brushed across her fingers. Watching a movie may feel mundane to most people, but Ye-Jin treasured these moments. She was happiest when they were doing regular things together, it felt like they were just a couple in love, without a care for the world.

As the movie started, they turned their attention to the screen. They also naturally started to adjust their positions. Hyun Bin slipped his right arm around her waist and Ye-Jin moved closer to him. His left hand reached out to hold her hand and his thumb gently massaged her palm in circular motions. She rested her head against his chest, the steady rhythm of his heartbeat comforting and soothing her. He sat his chin on the top of her head. He caught a faint whiff of the wild flowers scent from her hair and smiled, this was absolutely his favorite scent in the world.

On nights they were together, she would usually sleep in his arms. He would go to sleep breathing in the faint wild flower scent that was uniquely hers. Over time, he realized he was more relaxed and slept better when he could smell this scent. He had commented that once to Ye-Jin. She had let out a peal of laughter and offered to buy him the shampoo she used, joking that he can sleep well all the time if he used it for his hair. He tried (seriously) to explain that the scent was not exactly the same as the shampoo but she had laughed at him for trying to tease her.