Chapter 115: Finding Hyun Bin

Author's Note: Happy mid-week! I hope everyone is having a good week 😊A light-hearted chapter for today, setting the stage for Hyun Bin to start his slew of commercials and bargaining filming. Ye-Jin was off the public radar during this period. This follows the storyline (fictional of course) of her resting on doctor's orders.

I hope you enjoy the chapter... thanks once again for all your votes and comments! Have a great rest of week! 🧡

Side Note: There is another poll, this time by theswoonnetflix on their IG. (I'm floored by how many voting events there are but giving this one some credit since its netflix 😋). This one is quick though, you just have to go to their IG story and vote for Best Couple (CLOY) and Best Style (Ye-Jin) - not exactly sure how it works but it looks like a 24hr thing and you can only vote once, so it literally takes just a minute. For folks with IG and are interested, do check it out and vote. 💕

The VAST office had been abuzz with rumors the past two weeks. The theme of the rumors? Finding Hyun Bin.

Something peculiar started happening about two weeks ago. Since then, nobody in the VAST office had seen Hyun Bin in person.  Unlike his cute fishy counterpart, Hyun Bin wasn't totally lost. They knew he was alive and working hard because he was still calling everyone and sending endless emails. He had just disappeared physically.

To put in context why it was a big deal. Whether before or even during the COVID situation, as long as he was not filming or traveling, Hyun Bin would show up in the office at least every other day. He was almost as consistent as the way the sun rose from the east. As the CEO of VAST, Hyun Bin had a large amount of strategic and administration responsibilities and he found it more effective to work from the office. The environment was conducive and he had full access to people and documents.

Hence, for Hyun Bin to disappear physically for two weeks was a first. Everyone wondered what happened to their usually predictable boss.

______________________________

Hyun Bin noticed a rather disconcerting change in himself recently. He was oddly attached to his new home. i.e. he didn't want to leave the house. If he was honest with himself, more accurately, he was attached to his new housemate in his new home.

He wanted to be in the same physical space as Ye-Jin and his mind would inadvertently wander to think of her when he couldn't see her. Hence, for the last two weeks, Hyun Bin was, as per normal, working very hard, with one small difference - he was working hard from his new study, at home.

It was the same today. Hyun Bin was sitting in his study, brows knitted as he studied the documents in front of him. VAST was actively looking to sign on new artists and they were currently in talks with actress Stephanie Lee. She had been identified by one of VAST's talent scouts and had indicated positive interest. Hyun Bin was now reviewing her past portfolio and preliminary terms. He had seen a couple of her past works and she looked promising.

Hyun Bin closed his eyes for a brief moment. When looked up, his lips automatically curved into a smile as he caught sight of Ye-Jin.  She was curled up on the sofa in the corner of his study, reading her script. Their current living arrangement was a dream come true. This was the closest he could come to keeping Ye-Jin safe in his pocket. He wished they could do this forever.

I'm sure the question everyone will naturally ask - why was Ye-Jin in his study when she had her own?

Flashback to slightly more than a week earlier

Ye-Jin tilted her head as she looked at Hyun Bin in puzzlement. It was already 10am but Hyun Bin was still in his shorts and T-shirt, tapping his fingers nonchalantly on the kitchen countertop, as he waited patiently for the coffee machine to dispense his latte.