Chapter 158: While He Works... (Part 3) - The CA connection

Author's Note:

Happy Friday everyone!  The last part of the CA series 🥰 touching on the common people they know (or at least how I imagined their interaction) I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks again for reading, voting and commenting! I'm behind on reading the comments (work has been 'life-consuming' this week 🙄) and I'll catch up over the weekend! Have a great weekend!

Story 4: Dinner with Yoona

Im Yoona slid into the passenger seat of the Navigator and smiled brightly, "Thanks for the ride, Oppa!"

Hyun Bin turned on the engine and said, "Not at all. I'm glad you're joining us for dinner." Ye-Jin called him earlier and said that Yoona would be joining them for dinner. Since they were filming together, she had asked him to give Yoona a lift.

Yoona laughed and asked, "Oppa, aren't you curious why we're suddenly having dinner?"

Hyun Bin tilted his head in amusement, "Should I be curious? I guess I did briefly wonder."

Yoona explained, "I called Onni during break to tell her we finished our first scene together. I also told her I was having doubts over how to portray some of the scenes. Onni offered to help me and we decided it might as well be today."

She stole a peek at Hyun Bin. That was the reason she gave Onni for her visit but she had another side agenda. It was going to be a fun night.

Hyun Bin nodded at Yoona's explanation. In truth, the reason wasn't important. Yoona was Ye-Jin's guest. That was the only reason he needed.

At Home

"Onni!" Yoona exclaimed and gave Ye-Jin a tight hug. "I've missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, Yoona!" Ye-Jin returned the hug. She pulled back to take a good look at Yoona. "You've become even prettier!" she praised.

Yoona gave Ye-Jin a knowing smile, "You're the one who's glowing, Onni. Love really is the best beauty supplement."

Hyun Bin bit back a smile. He always knew Yoona was a very intelligent dongseng. He placed his hand on Ye-Jin's arm and said, "I'll go change." Ye-Jin naturally placed her hand on his and nodded.

As Hyun Bin walked to the bedroom, Ye-Jin turned back to Yoona and gave her a mock glare, "Are you here to make fun of Onni? Come on, dinner's ready. Do you want to wash up first? I'll show you the bathroom."

Yoona looked around the house. She had been to Ye-Jin's old apartment a couple of times but this was her first time here. "The apartment's beautiful, Onni. Can I tour around after dinner?"

Ye-Jin smiled, "Of course, there's a rooftop garden too. It's one of my favorite places in the house. I'll give you the full tour later."

At the dinner table

Yoona smiled as she looked at the couple seated across the table. Oppa picked up some pickled bean sprouts and placed it in Onni's bowl while she ladled soup for him. Their interaction was natural and sweetly intimate. They were so obviously in love! She cleared her throat to get their attention and said, "Your cooking skills have increased by leaps and bounds, Onni. You have to teach me. Everything's delicious!"

Ye-Jin smiled. The last time Yoona visited her home, Song Yoon Ah and Lee Jung Hyun had cooked. Back then, her best dishes were kimbap and sandwiches. Her cooking repertoire had expanded exponentially since she got together with Hyun Bin. She picked up a piece of stewed rib and placed it on Yoona's plate. "I made this specially for you." Yoona loved stewed ribs.