Chapter 11: The Supply of Premium Coffee

Author's notes: We probably have another 2 or 3 chapters on The Negotiation filming "timeline" and we'll move on to the next time period where they are busy with their own individual projects. I haven't really pulled together the key stories for this period.. so updates may be a little slower by then. Meanwhile, hope you guys have fun reading this.

The Premium Coffee Flow

Three weeks into filming, Ye-Jin noticed something new on set. There was a table set up next to the rest area and it looked like a coffee counter! She walked towards the table, eager to see what it was. Like what she suspected, it was a coffee counter. There were a couple of crew members already getting their coffee fixes and she asked them, "Is this for us?"

The crew member smiled, "Yes, Onni, it came this morning. I asked the delivery person when they came, we apparently have a contract for daily delivery until we finish shooting. The coffee's fantastic. I had a latte earlier. I'm getting one for the Director now."

Ye-Jin's eyes grew wider, "Every day until we finish.... This is the most generous set I've seen. And its premium coffee! I'm going to get an Americano!" She chatted with the crew on the various styles of coffee and her preferences. Her smile was so bright it seemed to light up the surroundings as well.

From across the room, Hyun Bin smiled to himself as he observed her antics and obvious delight with the coffee. Ordering the coffee was a good call. To clarify, while Hyun Bin likes the occasional cuppa, he was by no means a coffee fan. In fact, he preferred a good cup of tea if given a choice. Why did he order the coffee then? You'll have to go back a couple of days. He had just left his dressing room when one of Ye-Jin's assistants walked past hurriedly, so engrossed with getting a cup of something somewhere that she didn't notice him. Her staff were usually friendly so it must be urgent. He paused to see where she was going.

As expected, she turned to enter Ye-Jin's dressing room. Unfortunately, at the same time, Mr Kim walked out of the door from inside. They collided and the cup of, now he knew, coffee landed all over the floor. Ye-Jin heard the commotion and came out to take a look. She first looked relieved after checking that neither of them were scalded and then turned to look at the pool of coffee at her feet. She was facing his direction and wore the most adorable puppy eye expression, her longing for the coffee so obvious that he wanted to burst out laughing. Still, she comforted her assistant and told her it's okay, they'll get another one during lunch. As he walked away, he messaged his assistant.

[Bin]:  Dong Wan, can you ask around for the best premium coffee and have them supply the Negotiation set for the filming period. Charge it to my personal account. Thanks.