Chapter 49: LA - The First Dating Rumours

After staying for five days with Hye-Rin's family, Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin decided to move on to sight-see other areas. Michael, Hye-Rin's husband was also an avid golfer and had recommended Pelican Hill Resort to Hyun Bin. The resort had a great golf course and was exclusive, which meant they could safely enjoy without worrying about being recognized.

Hyun Bin had gone with Michael to pick up their rental car. Hye-Rin's parents also enjoy golfing and would be going with Ye-Jin and Hyun Bin for an over-night stay. Ye-Jin was glad Hyun Bin would have golf partners. Over the past few months, she's gotten better at golf and was even starting to like it, but she's still some way off his level of enthusiasm.

When Hyun Bin arrived, Ye-Jin hugged Hye-Rin and bid her goodbye. She'll be back towards the end of her LA stay for Sophie's birthday party.

Pelican Hill Resort

The resort was gorgeous. It was situated along the coast and overlooked the Pacific Ocean. The golf course was nestled among gently rolling hills and was a picture of grandeur and tranquility.

They checked into their respective rooms and arranged to meet in the afternoon for a game of golf. They had a good time and Hyun Bin had narrowly beaten Mr Yoon in a close game. Ye-Jin and Mrs Yoon played leisurely and chit-chat about Hye-Rin's family and Ye-Jin's work. To an outsider, they looked like a beautiful family enjoying a game of golf in the cool breezy weather.

They had dinner by the pool after the game. Their table had a spectacular view overlooking the golf course and the ocean beyond. The two gentlemen were still excitedly discussing their game and handicap. Shaking their heads at the avid golfers, Ye-Jin and Mrs Yoon studied the menu and decided to order a variety to share.

Dinner was great. Mr and Mrs Yoon have grown fond of the younger couple and were sharing their experience on how to maintain their relationship. Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin laughed at many of their stories and blushed at some of their direct comments. But it was good to hear the advice of a couple who have been together for close to forty years. It felt like they were receiving blessings and well-wishes. Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin held hands under the table and smiled at each other.

Unbeknownst to Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin though, they will face their first storm in a couple of days time.

VAST office - two days later

Kang Taek Kun frowned as he scrolled down the article. Dong Wan was standing by his side, a similar frown on his face.

Their PR team has just escalated that there was news circulating online that Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin were on holiday together. A user had posted in an online forum that she saw Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin playing golf and dining with Ye-Jin's parents in Los Angeles. The news has spread like wildfire and the media had picked up on it.

"Is it really them? I didn't know Ye-Jin's parents were going to be there as well." Kang Taek Kun said.

"Should I call Hyung and ask him?" Dong Wan asked. "I think we'll need to issue a statement to contain this."

"Yes, call him. I'll call CEO Lee to hear their side. We'll need to sync up our stories first."

Pelican Hill Resort - Bungalow Suite

Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin had just returned from a spa treatment and were looking forward to a relaxing and lazy afternoon.

Ye-Jin's phone rang just then. It was Manager Kim. Ye-Jin was surprised, Kim Oppa rarely call her when she's on holiday. Did something happen? Ye-Jin quickly picked up the call. "Hi Oppa."

"Ye-Jin, are you with Hyun Bin?" Manager Kim asked.

"Yes, Oppa," Ye-Jin answered.

Just then, Hyun Bin's phone rang. He frowned, it was Dong Wan. Didn't he tell him not to call unless it was about the script. Was there an update? Hyun Bin quickly picked up the call.