Chapter 151: Priorities (APAN Awards and CA2)

Author's Note:

Happy mid-week! We're at APAN and this is my absolute favorite HB speech! 🥰 lol, I watched it over ten times when writing this chapter and am still not tired of it! Sweetness overload!

I'm still smiling from the dumpling update (I saw it a little late)... lol, now I want to have dumplings too 😁😊 fingers crossed that we get lots of updates this month!

As usual, thanks for all your votes and comments! I hope you enjoy the chapter and have a great rest of week!

APAN Awards

A week before the APAN Awards - At the new apartment, after dinner

Ye-Jin put away the last of the dishes, dried her hands and joined Hyun Bin at the living area. Her eyes widened in delight when she saw a bottle of their favorite red wine on the coffee table. It had been out of stock for months!

Hyun Bin smiled and explained, "A friend brought it back from Paris." He drew the blackout curtains and turned off the lights before settling down on the sofa next to Ye-Jin. She rested her head on his shoulder and he closed his eyes as he caught a whiff of the the familiar scent of wildflowers and sunshine. His left hand held her right hand and their fingers intertwined. They both fell silence, enjoying the simple pleasure of being together.

Doesn't this look like the setting for a romantic evening rendezvous? Not quite...

Hyun Bin used his free hand and turned on the television. It was movie night and horror was today's theme. Yes, horror.

Kitty had been in her room, happily chewing on her toys. She jumped up when she saw the living room lights go off. It was movie time! She raced to the sofa, scrambled up and lay down comfortably on Ye-Jin's lap.

Ye-Jin laughed, "Kitty, I don't think you will like tonight's movie. It's scary. Do you want to play in your room instead?"

Kitty stared at her Mummy with puzzled eyes. She loved watching movies with her parents. Why would she want to play alone in her room? Kitty thumped her tail against Ye-Jin's arm and turned back to the television.

Hyun Bin selected the movie and rubbed Ye-Jin's hand. The movie was starting.

Horror movies were an integral part of dating since time immemorial. Ironically, couples watched horror movies as a prelude to a romantic and possibly unforgettable evening. It was an opportunity for the man to demonstrate his macho bravery while the woman showed-off her damsel in distress side (whether real or reel).

Well, Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin were not like most couples. They were non-conformists and their puppy was going to prove to be just like them.

There was a sudden shriek. The evil spirit stalking the victim had struck. The look of terror on the victim's face was haunting.

What was our trio's response? Hyun Bin yawned. In his opinion, the haunted face was a little overdone. Ye-Jin leaned forward, her eyes wide opened with excitement. What was going to happen next? Kitty tilted her head in puzzlement - were the people in the television playing a new game?

Horror was clearly not all that horrific for them.

Just then, Hyun Bin's phone rang. His brows furrowed when he saw that it was Dong Wan. It must be serious for Dong Wan to call so late. He quickly picked up the phone.

"Hyung!" Dong Wan exclaimed the instant the call connected. "We just received word! You've been awarded Daesang! You got it! Congratulations!"

Hyun Bin froze for a moment. He had not expected to win. Despite its phenomenal success, Crash Landing on You has not had a good run at awards. This was especially so for him. He had been surprised when he was nominated for Daesang.