Chapter 30: Meet the Stakeholders (Part 2)

Author's Notes: I had lots of fun writing the last couple of chapters (so the words came out faster than I expected) and I'm glad you guys enjoyed it too! I haven't quite figured out what comes next so no advance notice this time 😋
Hope you like this chapter... our Cinderella sisters!

Filming set for Memories of Alhambra

Hyun Bin was in a very good mood today. Filming has been smooth and he's finally going to meet Ye-Jin's friends for dinner tonight.

Strangely enough, they had decided not to go out for dinner and instead wanted to have a casual and cozy dinner at Ye-Jin's place. He had thought ladies usually like to see their friend's boyfriend splurge on her friends as an indicator of how sincere he was. But Ye-Jin's friends were turning out to be very considerate and mature, obviously not caring about the amount of money he was willing to spend. In fact, they will technically be buying him dinner since they are preparing dinner.

Hyun Bin turned to Dong Wan, "Dong Wan, I'm meeting Ye-Jin's friends for dinner tonight. What do you think I should bring as a gift?"

"Hyung, you should just pick up the tab for dinner. That will make them the happiest." Dong Wan confidently advised.

"See, that's the difference between the people you and Ye-Jin mix with," Hyun Bin replied smugly. "I already volunteered to do that and they didn't want to. Instead they're going to prepare dinner for me at Ye-Jin's house. They're so considerate." Hyun Bin wanted to boast to the world about how classy his girlfriend was.

Dong Wan froze with a horrified look on his face. Hyun Bin turned around and asked, "What's wrong? Did you see a ghost?"

"How many of them will there be?" Dong Wan croaked out.

"Six, excluding Ye-Jin," Hyun Bin beamed. "Maybe I should get a couple of bottles of good champagne? I think they should enjoy that? Or do you think wine is better?"

"Hyung, you should bring a bottle of whisky for yourself," Dong Wan advised.

Hyun Bin looked at Dong Wan with genuine concern, "Dong Wan, have you been too stressed recently? Take a couple of days off, get Ji-Min to cover you instead. You're behaving really strangely. I'm going to go off and get the champagne. I'll see you next week."

Dong Wan was left staring at Hyun Bin's back. You're having dinner with six women who rejected a free expensive dinner and want to cook for you? It's more likely they want to cook you! Dong Wan shook his head at Hyun Bin's naivety. For someone who has dated so many women, his Hyung is stupid about women, no wonder he's not married yet. I hope he gets the whisky, Dong Wan was sure he's going to need it.

Ye-Jin's Apartment

It was D-Day. Ye-Jin's usual tranquil apartment was a frenzy of activities. Ye-Jin had originally told them she'll order delivery from a hotel and save them the efforts of cooking. They had vetoed her and told her they will personally cook for Hyun Bin. She had shivered when she heard them say so sweetly, "We have to give him an unforgettable dinner."

The six Cinderellas descended upon her house at 1pm, five hours before their arranged dinner time at 6pm. Ye-Jin herself had been relegated to sit in one corner of the kitchen, moodily observing while the six of them planned dinner, and not necessarily food related.

They would have made the Korean army proud. The enemy would definitely surrender.

Song Yoon Ah, Lee Jung Hyun and Oh Yoon Ah, who were the best at cooking, immediately went to the kitchen to whip up dinner. They had decided on Korean cuisine since Hyun Bin had just returned from Europe and probably missed korean food.