Chapter 60: Filming in Switzerland (Part 1)

Author's Notes: Sorry this took longer than expected! Hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend!
Thanks again for all your votes and comments and I hope you enjoy the chapter 😊

On 22 Aug, Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin left for Switzerland. The plan was to film the scenes involving Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin first and Seo Ji-Hye would join them towards the second week.

They arrived in Zurich and continued to Iseltwald, which was their first filming site. Their schedule was going to be intense. They would have this weekend to rest and prepare. From Monday onwards, they would be filming non-stop until they return to Korea.

The Weekend & the DSLR Camera

Hyun Bin was waiting patiently at the hotel lobby. He had arranged to meet Ye-Jin at 8am to walk around Lake Brienz.

Hyun Bin fiddled with the camera in his hand as he waited. He had brought his own DSLR camera for this trip. He was an avid photographer and was looking forward to taking some good photos. This was after all Switzerland.

He smiled as he saw Ye-Jin run out of the lift. "I'm sorry," she panted. "I over-slept."

He reached out to brush a lock of her hair which had escaped from her bun, "Its fine, there's no need to run."

"Shall we go?" Ye-Jin beamed, her signature eye-smile at full force. "This place is beautiful, I can't wait to see it."

Hyun Bin stared at her and lightly shook his head. After all this time, he was still caught by her beauty sometimes. She looked so excited and radiant, it was mesmerizing. He subconsciously reached out for her hand only to have her eyes widen. She took a step back and looked around them. "Did you forget we're with the staff!" Ye-Jin whispered.

Hyun Bin laughed at her expression. She looked scandalized. "I did forget about them. I wish we were here alone. Let's go before more people appear."

They took a leisurely stroll around Lake Brienz. It was breathtakingly beautiful. The water was a clear sky blue and it was lovingly surrounded by the majestic Alps. The picturesque town was the perfect compliment to the natural splendor. 

Ye-Jin was delighted with the beauty and had skipped a few steps ahead to admire the wildflowers along the path.

Hyun Bin had originally been focused on taking some panorama shots of the lake and mountains. He lost sight of Ye-Jin and turned around to look for her. He saw her bent over the side of the paths, admiring the wildflowers. He instinctively took a few shots. He saw her smile as she sniff the flowers and took a few more shots. Her smile widened as she took in her surroundings and he took even more shots.

Hyun Bin found this repeating throughout their walk. He would be focused the scenery, turn to look for Ye-Jin and end up with shots of Ye-Jin instead. As they circled back towards town, he shook his head. If he wanted to get some real scenic photos, he would have to come on his own. Ye-Jin was too much of a distraction.

They entered a small cafe by the waterfront and Hyun Bin sat down two lattes on the table. Ye-Jin smiled her thanks and took a sip. How nice if today could last forever, she mused. It was so beautiful and peaceful here. Ye-Jin looked back at their table and her attention was drawn to Hyun Bin's camera.

"Tae-Pyung, can I see the photos you took today?" Ye-Jin smiled mischievously. "Let's see if you're as good a photographer as you claim." She reached out for the camera, only for Hyun Bin to quickly snatch it away.

"Later," Hyun Bin mumbled. "After I sort the photos, I'll show you after." The tip of his ears were oddly red.

Ye-Jin was puzzled. She wasn't expecting him to not show her the photos. What was there to hide? It was all scenery. In her view, it was so beautiful here, it was impossible to take a bad photo anyway. Why was he acting shy about the photos?