Chapter 127: Before Jordan (Part 2)

Author's Note: I'm sure most people are still digesting today's APAN results. (lol, should we love or hate) 😉 To be honest, I am still disappointed YJ did not get best actress and CLOY did not get best drama but I'm thrilled that HB won Daesang. His thank you message is really the icing on the cake! I guess we can't win all... so while I have a tinge of regret, I decided I'm overall happy. lol, and the Best Manager Award really made me laugh. Its good VAST won but it was such an unexpected award.

Back to the story... the first story is kind of a reply story to the previous chapter. It tries to give some perspective of why HB is special to YJ. (to folks who felt that the story was starting to skew towards YJ's positive, I hope this balances things a little )

The second part is based on the recent rumors that HB's parents went house hunting. hahaha, its rumors but I was thrilled to hear that and wanted to include it in the story.

There's probably one more chapter to wrap up this period and we'll move to Jordan.

Thank you for reading, leaving and comments! They are much appreciated. I hope you enjoy the chapter and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Son Family Gathering

The sun shone brilliantly in the clear cornflower blue sky. It's going to be a gorgeous day, perfect for spending some time outdoors.

A black Lincoln turned into the private road and the automated gates closed behind it. The house that stood ahead looked like a modern adaptation of Santorini's famous white houses. It was large, stark white and beautiful against the brilliant blue sky today. The slightly salty smell of the sea and faint sound of the waves crashing on the shore were welcoming and relaxing.

The Lincoln pulled up into the driveway and stopped behind a stationery SUV. Before Hyun Bin could cut the engine, the passenger door flew open and Ye-Jin jumped out.

"We're finally here!" Ye-Jin cheered and stretched her arms over her head. "It looks like they're already here!"

Hyun Bin smiled as he slide out of the car. Ye-Jin was so excited she was literally hopping from foot to foot as she waited for him. He grabbed their overnight bags from the rear boot and quickly walked over to her. She smilingly linked her arm with his and they walked towards the house.

Where were they going?

Hyun Bin will be leaving for Jordan next week and the Son family wanted to gather before he left. With the covid situation, it had been a while since any one of them had gone for a trip and they decided to do an overnight stay at a beach house in a little town near Daegu.

As Ye-Jin predicted, Mr and Mrs Son, Eon-Hye, Jae-Ho, Min-Ju and Jae-Hyun were already in the house. The adults were busy unpacking and putting away the food they had brought while the two children jumped around in the balcony, excited by the sight of the vast beach which was just ahead of them.

As soon as Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin entered the house, everyone gathered and exchanged greetings. It was noisy, busy but filled with so much happiness and joy. It was going to be a great trip because they were together, they were a family.

Later in the afternoon, at the beach

Ye-Jin and Eon-Hye were sitting on the beach chairs, enjoying the warmth of the late afternoon sun and a cold can of beer.

Hyun Bin, Min-Ju and Jae-Hyun were further out on the beach, playing frisbee. They have been at it for the last half an hour but none of them showed no signs of tiring.

Jae-Hyun was perched atop Hyun Bin's shoulders while Min-Ju threw the frisbee for them to catch. Eon-Hye had tried to stop Jae-Hyun when he first insisted on climbing up Hyun Bin's shoulders. Her son was coming up to twenty kilos and she didn't want Hyun Bin to end up with an injury. Hyun Bin had merely laugh away Eon-Hye's concerns and hoisted Jae-Hyun up onto his shoulders.