Chapter 156: While he works... (Part 2) - The Date

Author's Note:

Hello! Firstly, apologies for the fiasco earlier this week. Wattpad removed the story out of the blue... they didn't give a reason but thankfully reinstated it, although I had to re-publish everything - sorry for the many many notifications! This is a real update though 😁

Thanks to fans who were streaming, I watched HB's fanmeeting yesterday. (also YJ's one earlier) hahahahah, while I had hoped for some mention of Seri/YJ... I wasn't surprise as well that there wasn't. I think this is their protocol. I must say though, it looked odd because Seri didn't show up at all in the CLOY clips but they had no problems showing the female leads for SG and Hyde, Jekyll. Still, I enjoyed the fan meet and it was nice to see him. One thing struck me though, I realized how different he is during interviews together with YJ. (especially the CLOY ones) It's like he's at ease. In yesterday's FM and even the Bench one, he was friendly and the hosts were good but you can tell he's not fully at ease. Don't know how to describe it but he's just more serious. Just my opinion 😅

I wasn't going to write on their Saturday date originally but decided to after reading some of the comments. It is a good chance to spin a story around how they support each other 🥰 The side story is a light-hearted one on Kitty... i find myself wondering how she feels about being alone at home!

Thanks again for reading, voting and commenting. I hope you enjoy the chapter and have a great week ahead!

Story 3: The Saturday Date (A/N: Chapter 155)

The photoshoot ended thirty minutes ago but everyone was still milling around in the studio. The sponsor's Chairman showed up ten minutes before they ended and everyone was entertaining him.

Ye-Jin discreetly checked her watch. It was already 5pm and Hyun Bin was waiting for her. She gave Manager Kim a hard nudge with her elbow. She had reminded him so many times that she needed to leave at 4.30pm today.

Manager Kim winced and gave her a hapless look. What could he do if Chairman Lee didn't want to leave? He was clearly a big fan of Ye-Jin. Instead of leaving after the customary introduction and small talks, the Chairman had requested to see today's photos. He was now enthusiastically looking at every shot and raving about how good they looked.

Ye-Jin gave her manager a "death" stare, which honestly, was more comical than deadly. Manager Kim sighed to himself. The things he had to do for her.

After a moment, Manager Kim adjusted his wireless earpiece and his brows furrowed into a deep frown. "Okay. I understand," he said loudly. "I'm so sorry and we'll be on our way soon. Please give us thirty minutes. Thank you."

Ye-Jin wanted to roll her eyes. How could the manager of an actress be such a horrible actor? It was so obvious he was pretending.

Manager Kim coughed loudly to get the attention of Chairman Lee. He bowed politely and apologized, "I'm so sorry, Chairman Lee. Filming over-ran today and Ye-Jin has another schedule after this. I just received a call that they're waiting for her. I'm really sorry but we have to leave."

Chairman Lee was taken aback by the sudden turn of events but quickly recovered, "Of course, of course!" He turned to Ye-Jin and beamed at her, "Thank you for your hard work today, Ms Son. I'm very happy to have you represent us." He gave Ye-Jin's hand a fatherly pat.

Ye-Jin smiled and nodded apologetically. She was thankful to be their spokesperson and personally liked Chairman Lee. Under normal circumstances, she would be happy to spend another hour chatting with him. Just not today, not when Hyun Bin was waiting.