Chapter 165: Her Home

Author's Note:

A belated Merry Christmas to everyone! And I hope we'll all have a better 2022! ✨🎉💕

I took much longer than expected with this chapter so thank you to everyone who waited patiently. Work, watching ads (lol... and I'm so glad we were first!) and the festive season (ironically) didn't leave much time for writing. Fingers crossed, the next chapter will not take as long 😅

This is my second Christmas writing this story and it's amazing how quickly time has passed. Want to say a big Thank You to everyone reading and I'm very happy to be part of your BinJin journey. Life's busier these days but BinJin is still my "little happy moments"! 🥰🥰 I hope you enjoy this chapter and if I don't finish the next chapter before the new year, an advanced Happy new Year to all!

Story 1: Coming Home (and to Home)

At the Airport

Hyun Bin stood at a corner of the arrival hall, his eyes trained on Gate 22. Ye-Jin's flight landed thirty minutes ago and she should be out soon. Loud giggles sounded from behind him and he instinctively turned around. Two ladies were staring at him and giggling. They gave him one last lingering look before continuing on their way.

Mildly exasperated, Hyun Bin looked down at himself. This was the fifth time in the last thirty minutes. Was there something wrong with his clothes? It couldn't be. He wore jeans, black t-shirt, black cap, sunglasses and black mask - half the men in the airport were wearing similar attire. Was it because there was too much black?

He shook his head, turned back to the gate, and locked gaze with a familiar pair of smiling eyes. He forgot all about the strange stares. His lips curved into a smile. She was home.

Ye-Jin saw Hyun Bin the moment she stepped into the arrival hall. He stood at a quiet corner, beside a large plant, dressed in all black - obviously trying to blend in with the crowd. She smiled to herself. Didn't he know that it was a fruitless endeavor? He stood out without trying. Even with his face hidden by the mask, his broad frame, muscular physique and soft, jet-black hair were enough to warrant a second look. She half-ran and threw herself into his open arms.

They hugged tightly, a familiar warmth and contentment spread through them. They were back where they belonged. They were home.

After a long moment, they pulled apart and, in cute synchronized movements, sheepishly scratched their heads. They had forgotten they were in public!

Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin behaved differently when in a private versus public setting. They may have publicly acknowledged their relationship but both valued their privacy and were uncomfortable with displaying their affection in public.

One might ask, why was it hard to be themselves? Why was it difficult to be honest in public? There really was no wrong or right answer. They had talked about it and were in agreement. That was all that mattered.

Flashback to sometime in January 2021, at the nearby park

Hyun Bin placed Kitty's water bowl on the ground and smiled when the puppy eagerly lapped at it. She must be thirsty after running non-stop the last thirty minutes.

Ye-Jin was looking afar, her eyes sparkling with amusement. He followed her gaze and saw a young couple standing by the pond. They were kissing, intensely.

He leaned over and whispered beside her ear, "You're too obvious."

Ye-Jin turned around and met Hyun Bin's mischievous gaze. She scrunched her nose at him and gave him a light punch for teasing her before turning back to the couple. She said, "They're in their own world where only their love exists. It's so heartwarming to see unbridled love."