Chapter 114: Moving In and Dong Wan's Gift

Author's Note:

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is having a good weekend 😊 This chapter is still a continuation of how i think they are lining up their lives during this period. I don't have concrete plans yet, but there's probably a few more chapters with some touches on some of the CF's filmed during this period before we move to Baeksang period. I have to do some homework on the CF's they filmed, there seemed to be so many 😂

Dong Wan is back in this chapter - as usual, his segment is a light-hearted one. He's been missing for quite some time and I've been planning to bring him back for a chapter after reading some comments on him 🥰

Thank you as usual for all your votes and comments/suggestions and I hope you enjoy the chapter! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Good-bye to Seoul

There was a flurry of activities in Ye-Jin's normally tranquil apartment. After more than a month in Seoul, her parents were returning home to Daegu today. Ye-Jin's sister and brother-in-law would be driving them back and had arrived early to help pack.

Mrs Son and Ye-Jin were busy in the kitchen. Mrs Son had spent the past week preparing various side dishes and snacks for Ye-Jin and Hyun Bin. Her husband had shook his head when he saw the quantity of food. It was going to take Hyun Bin and Ye-Jin at least a month to finish all that.

To Mrs Son, the best part about being in Seoul had been preparing meals for Ye-Jin. Mrs Son had been very worried by Ye-Jin's health check results. (A/N: Chapter 97) Hyun Bin had assured her that Ye-Jin would be fine as long as she had sufficient rest. She trusted Hyun Bin of course but still couldn't help but worry. Seeing Ye-Jin chomp heartily on the meals she had prepared the past month went a long way to alleviate her worries.

Until the COVID situation improved, it would be difficult to travel from Daegu to Seoul and Mrs Son wanted to make sure that Ye-Jin did not run out of her favorite dishes. 

Mrs Son pointed at the box of pickled cucumbers, "Tae-Pyung likes this. I separated it into three boxes so that it will last longer. Make sure you finish a box before starting the next one."

Ye-Jin rolled her eyes. This was the third time her mother had said 'Tae-Pyung likes this' in the last fifteen minutes. She grumbled, "Omma, do you only remember what Tae-Pyung likes? I'm your daughter. Not him."

Mrs Son gave Ye-Jin a soft knock on her head for talking nonsense. Ye-Jin let out a soft yelp and rubbed her head. Mrs Son smiled and continued giving Ye-Jin instructions on where everything was.

_____________________________

In the meantime, Hyun Bin walked towards the guest room. He knocked on the door and Mr Son called for him to enter.

"Abeonim," Hyun Bin smiled as he entered the room. "Shall I start bringing out the luggage?"

Mr Son was packing in the last of his hbelongings and he looked up as Hyun Bin walked in. Mr Son broke out into a smile as he suddenly realized something - Hyun Bin and him really did look alike. They were both tall and had similar jawline structures. People would probably think they were father and son if they walked down the street together.

Mr Son sometimes envied his friends who had sons. Don't get him wrong, he was very proud of his daughters. They had grown up to become strong and principled individuals. They were both successful in their own fields and he loved them very much. It was an undeniable truth tthat there were still some differences between sons and daughters. For example, he missed  having a son who could scrub his back in the public bath, curse together while watching sports or just talk about men's topics.