Tired

Park's Residence

Park's Residence

The silver Mercedes arrives home at last; revealing Chaeyoung walking side by side with her parents into their house. The interior atmosphere is quiet since Chaeyoung is the only child. As she is about to ascend the stairs to her room, her mum beckons for Chaeyoung.

A smile pops on her lips. Chaeyoung is tired and worn from the dinner but still she scoots back to  the hall where her parents sit on the couch. She stands before them, arching an eyebrow.

"How do you feel?" Her dad asks.
"Tired" the blonde responds. "I just want to wash myself and have a nice sleep"

"Honey" her mum calls and Chaeyoung diverts her attention towards the old woman. She sees something in her mum's eyes but couldn't really understand what that thing really is. So, she waits patiently until her parents explain to her the whole situation.

***************************************************
"WHAT?" Chaeyoung asks, dropping her jaw. She couldn't believe her ears. No, she couldn't believe her parents!

How can they have the heart to let her marry the snobbish girl they have met together at Manoban's Residence? Even remembering her attitude towards her parents earlier has made Chaeyoung's blood boils.

"I would like to turn this down" her father utters as he smokes. "But I feel uneasy since the the former president herself has asked your hand in marriage for her youngest daughter"

"Besides, they have been our most trustful ally in business" her mum adds.

Chaeyoung couldn't believe this. She feels like this is a joke and lets out a small laugh. But her parents stare at her anxiously, waiting for her reply.

"This is a joke right?" The young executive demands for an answer. Cautiously, her father declines.

"Honey, you know the state of our company? I bet you do. You are the financial executive. We have lost a significant total of assets because of my stupid investment three years ago. Although we are in partnership with Manoban Group, it still will affect our company. So, the former president has agreed if you are to marry her youngest girl, she would personally hand me a loan to save our company"

"So, it's like you are selling me for benefit?" Chaeyoung asks her parents. They quickly shake their heads. "Of course no, honey. We love you
We would never do that. We are just asking you to view this proposal"

"Well, I won't take my time too long for this shit proposal. I don't want it. I reject it. You can tell that to the former president"

"But Chaeyoung, please review this matter. This isn't only about you. This is about our company too"

"I'll find a way to save our company, dad" Chaeyoung says firmly as she rises to her feet. "I'll find it. But not through this stupid marriage"

And with that, she leaves the hall to her room. What's gotten into her parents? Chaeyoung asks herself as she takes a long, hot shower in the bathroom.

They are too desperate for money that they think it's worth to marry her off to that snobbish brat of Manoban family. But Chaeyoung won't give up. Yes. She won't. She won't marry that crackhead.

She'll find a way to solve this matter.