OWAM (2) When The Truth Comes Out

Lisa smiles as she watches the sleeping figure next to her. She looks exactly like Rosie, from head to toe. That doesn't include the way that small brain works; totally Roseanne Park - Manoban in the best way.

"Jisoo is going to take her home"

Rosie says as kisses the Thai's cheek and tidies Chaeyoung's bag.

"Can't she just stay?"

"She has school tomorrow, love"

"But I still miss her"

"I know" Rosie smiles. "But school is school. I can't let my daughter all day long here when she could go to school and learns something"

"Yeah. Of course" Lisa rolls her eyes playfully, earning a pinch from Rosie on her arm. They are about to tickle one another when suddenly Jisoo walks in with a poker face.

"Don't think I don't know what you guys want to do after this" she throws a dirty smirk and Lisa pretends like she doesn't get what the Korean means.

"Wakey, wakey, Chaeng"

Lisa kisses the side of her daughter's face.

"Aunt Jisoo is here to pick you up"

The girl opens her eyes, staring at everyone before ends up wrapping her hands around her mama. Lisa lets out an airy laugh and kisses her daughter again.

"It's okay" she assures the girl. "Mama is fine now. I'll be back even before you know it again"

"Do you promise?" the girl asks and Lisa nods. "I promise"

"Come on now" Jisoo consoles as she takes Chaeyoung's hand into hers. "Let's go get some ice cream before we go back"

"Jisoo" Rosie scowls. "I already said no ice cream before dinner"

"Who says I'm gonna listen to than nonsense rule?" Jisoo says as she walks out of the room with the girl, laughing undeniably as Rosie gives her a death glare.

"Anyway, love" the blonde starts as she climbs up the bed and cuddles with the dark haired. "Do you want to talk about this" she points at all of Lisa's injuries.

Suddenly, the Thai tastes bile in her mouth.

She doesn't want to talk about that incident ever again but then when her eyes find Rosie's, she doesn't feel like she wants to lie at that woman also.

Rosie supposes to know too.

"Love?" a grip is tightened against Lisa's hand.

"It's okay" Rosie kisses her lightly. "It's okay if you don't want to tell. I'm here, okay? I love you"

"It was Chanyeol"

The words come out of my mouth easily and I can note how Rosie's face is now darkened with anger.

"I knew it was him" she cries with burning fire in her eyes. "I knew it was that bastard"

"He took me down at the parking with a baseball bat" Lisa starts narrating, her arms strong against Rosie's figure. "And when I woke up, we exchanged a few words before he decided I was pressing the wrong button on him and he shot me three times. First on my torso, second on my leg and the final one was on the same spot with the first one"

Lisa pauses as she wipes tears from Rosie's face.

"He fled after he thought that he killed me. And I wasn't quite alive at that moment when I called you. But then, hearing your voice and imagining your face, they kept me alive for a good one minute before I got taunted by the excruciating pain .."

"I'm sorry, love"

" I really thought I didn't have a chance to survive. That's why I called you. I wanted you to be the last voice I'll ever heard"

"But then the police located me and the paramedics that treated me, well,  one of them asked me to think of my family. And the first image that popped on my mind is you, Rosie. And our Chaeng"

"Lisa...."

"I'm so glad" Lisa blinks out tears. "That I got to be here again with a bunch of my favorite people"

"Me too" Rosie cries. "I'm so glad you're here with us, love".

"So," Rosie says after a while. "You have to report this, Lisa. You have to so that people like him won't have time to multiply"

"Ok" Lisa stares at blonde. "I'll ask Jennie later"

"Promise me?" the blonde asks. Lisa suddenly narrows her eyes. "Why does this seem familiar?" She gags as she remembers Chaeyoung's early reaction before.

"You're really like Chaeyoung" Lisa grins.

"Well, maybe because I'm her mommy"

"It doesn't matter" Lisa sticks her tongue out at the blonde. "She loves me more"

"Of course" Rosie gives up, smiling as she kisses her wife again.

•••

votes and comments