Flight

Chaeyoung's POV

Chaeyoung's POV

She holds my hand like her life depends upon it. Every once in a while, she will turn her head around to study around us, then she will look at me and rests her head against my arm.

She looks nervous when the stewardess comes and offers us some refreshments since the flight is delayed for an hour due to some technical problems.

"Lisa" I call her. She stares at me innocently.

"What?" She asks.

"She's asking you if you want something to drink"
"No" she hugs me quickly, hiding her face into my arm. "I don't want anything"

"Is she alright?" The stewardess asks me, pointing at Lisa. I nod as I take a cup of wine from her hand.

"She's just ..... Being herself I guess?"

The stewardess smiles before resuming her duty. Soon as she is gone, I push Lisa away. "God, what wrong with you?"

"Nothing" she says, still reluctant to let go. But still I make her. I don't want to fall for her again. I don't want to her to hurt me again. But then, I see her eyes and they are bloodshot and I quickly draw my hands around her face.

"Hey" my voice low. Almost like a whisper.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" I ask but she doesn't say anything. Suddenly I remember about the pain in her waist.

Carefully, I reach for her waist and put a little pressure there. "Is this hurt?" I ask, panicking.

"You know what, I'm really sorry for what happened yesterday. I didn't mean it. I didn't know you had such a soft body and ..."

"Cut it out, Rosie" the brat says as she chuckles.

I press my lips, looking uninterested again. I  have been fooled by the brat. At that moment, i couldn't help but to  myself.

What am I doing e allowing Lisa to make her show her caring side when all she wants is to portray her evil side to that girl?

I don't know. Quickly, I yank my arm away from Lisa but the girl stops me.

"I'm scared" Lisa mutters.

"Of what?" I mumble, trying to sound casual. But she can't. She looks at the girl with caring eyes.

"I hate flights, Rosie. They make me scared"

Oh, she hates flying, I mutter to myself before automatically find my arms wrapping around her figure. She leans in and I let her. 

"It's okay" I say. "You are okay, you know"

She nods quietly in her seat. Throughout the whole flight, I let her hold my hand. We shift places because she is afraid of having to seat next to the window.

So, I follow her with my hands still on hers. I never want to let her go. It would make her really upset. 

God, I mutter to myself when I tilt my head to see she is sleeping with her head on my shoulder. She looks fragile and cute at the same time, that I cannot help from smiling. 

My hand is sore from holding on too hard on hers. I try to let go, but then she wakes up abruptly, fear in her eyes. 

"Hey" I calm her down. "It's alright. I'm here remember" I point at our intertwined hands. She nods sleepily as she leans in to rest on my chest. I let her be. 

Crazy thing that we do for love, I do it for her now.