OWAM (2) Awake

Lisa wakes up again to pale ceiling and swirling fan. She is not sure where she is right now, but it is certainly not home. Next to her, she finds the figure of an exhausted Jennie falling asleep with her head against her arm. Slowly, she winces a little as she moves her hand and places it on top of her sister's head. Her fingers begins to brush Jennie's hair backwards, and within seconds, her heart flutters as she sees her eyes with eyes all widened to see her. 

"Li..Lisa?" she stutters and the brat nods. 

"He..lo?" she greets only to be replied a by a hug Jennie initiates. 

"I miss you like hell" the petite woman cries into Lisa's neck. "I really miss you"

"Hey. I miss you too" Lisa replies, her voice is low and raspy - sexy. 

"Oh my god" Jennie slaps her forehead playfully. "I've to call Rosie"

"She's not here?" the Thai asks as she inhales deeply. 

"She was here for two weeks, Lisa" Jennie explains as she fishes for her phone from the Prada handbag that she brings with her. "And I told her to go back since Chaeyoung needs her"

"That's a wise decision" Lisa says as the pain starts torturing her again. "Don't call her, unnie" she adds as she tries to adjust her breathing. Jennie stares at her little sister, like it's the most absurd thing that the brat says. "Why?" she narrows her eyes, demanding an explanation.

"You said she was here with me for 2 weeks. She must tired, unnie. Let her rest. I'm alright. I can wait for her"

"You really love her, don't you?" Jennie smirks as she puts her phone back and stares at her little sister instead. "I do" Lisa smiles. "A lot, unnie"

"I know. I think she feels the same about you too"

They stay in that position; eyes studying one another for quite some while until Lisa laces her fingers together with Jennie's. 

"Let's talk about you" the Thai says. "Let's talk about my sister whom I love the most in this world"

"I thought I was going to lose everything" Jennie mutters, her face inches away from Lisa. 

"When I heard you were hurt"

"But I'm here now, am I?"

"Yeah" Jennie smiles despite tears in her eyes. "You're here now. And that's what matter the most"

They talk about random stuff until Jennie stops Lisa midsentence, her eyes questioning her the very question her lips afraid of uttering. 

"Can't we not talk about that now?" Lisa replies, knowing the question Jennie is trying to ask. 

"But I just want to know"

"I'll tell" Lisa promises. "When the time is right"

***

"What are you doing, Jisoo?"

Rosie asks as the Korean girl tries to shut her eyes with her hands. "Get your hands off me"

"Yah, I just want to surprise you with something" the brunette replies. "Anyway it's Jennie's order"

"Yeah, I know but can't you not shut my eyes? I might trip my legs over something and stumble down on the ground"

"You know what, you're so dramatic like what Lisa always said"

"I am" the blonde smiles as she lets the Korean guides her into Lisa's room. It has been 2 weeks and she still visits her every day, eager to walk in and find that sleeping Thai awakes.