Seoul

Chaeyoung's POV

I glare at the small window, hoping to see something when in fact it's all pitch black that my eyes can catch. Next to me, my mom is watching a comedy film on the small screen before her seat. We have been flying for the past 10 hours and it's only 1 hour left before we hit Seoul.

FLASHBACK (Last night)

"Rosie?" My mom calls as she knock on my door. It has been three weeks that I'm staying with my parents. Three weeks without talking to Lisa. Three weeks without replying to hundred of her texts.

"Yes, mom?" I reply back as I withdraw my hand from the piano key.

"Oh, were you playing?" she asks, smiling.

"Kind of" I smile. "Anyway, is there anything I can help you with?"

"Actually, yes" my mom nods. "I have to go back to your grandmother's home in Seoul to settle some things. Your father couldn't come with me because he's busy. So, I'm wondering if you want to come with me, since you are ... You know... taking a break from your wife"

Seoul?

I have never been there again after my stupid honeymoon with Lisa. And though I knew I had promised myself to not return to that gapping wound of a country, I feel like it's a good thing to leave Paris for a moment, even if it means going back to Seoul.

"Sure, mom" I utter and her face glows. "Great. Pack your things. We are leaving in an hour"

FLASHBACK ENDS

"What are you watching?"

I ask her, leaning my head against her shoulder. She takes off her headphone and kisses my head. "Just a random movie" she admits. "Anyway, you have slept. Is there something that's troubling you?"

"No" I pop a smile.

"Are you sure?" My mom asks, looking deep into my eyes.

"Yes, mom" I laugh. "Please don't worry much about me"

"Of course I'm worry about you" my mom rolls her eyes as she squeezes my hand.

"You are my daughter" she adds, brushing her lips against my forehead. I smile at her before looking back at the black pitch window.

•••

My mom's sister picks us at the airport. It has been a few years since we last saw one another. And of course, she keeps complimenting how gorgeous I have turned out to be.

"Not many changes over here" she speaks in the car as she drives through the city and shifts lane towards home. "Everything is just the same"

"Really?"

"Yes" she affirms. "Anyway, it's a shame your wife doesn't flow you along. It'd be her first visit to her wife's family"

"My daughter - in - law is very busy" my mom quickly answers as she looks at me. "I'll make sure she comes and visit all of you when she's no longer busy" she adds and I briefly mouth her a thank you for saving me from an awkward moment.

My mom smiles and nods.

"She's a what? Last time you told? I can't remember"

"She's a Thai - Korean. Her father was a Korean and her mom was a Thai"

"Was?" her aunt frowns. "Her dad died when she was little, her mom was recently"

"Oh" her aunt sighs. "My condolence to you and your wife's family, Rosie" her aunt says and the blonde just nods before staring back at the skies.