Chaeyoung

Chaeyoung's POV

"Lisa - yah"

I call for her as I open my eyes. But the bed is empty and the clock sings 10 in the morning. 

Ok. Perhaps she has left for the office. 

My head is spinning, I am not sure why. It has been like this for a few days. I haven't tell Lisa yet because I don't want her to worry much. She's already have too much going on in her place. 

But the pain keeps throbbing and I can't stand it anymore. So, I reach for my phone from the nightstand and rings Jennie unnie. 

Two rings and I hear her velvet voice greeting me. 

"Hello, Chae. It's been a long time"

"Hi, unnie" I say, fixing my breath. 

"Chae, is everything okay?" she investigates. Suddenly, tranquility leaves her voice as worry takes over. 

"Is Lisa there?" I ask. 

"She is. Do you want to talk to her?"

"No. I don't think she's in good mood" I cover my cough but to no avail

"Right" Jennie unnie agrees. "Things been a little crazy here. But it's alright. You don't have to worry" Jennie pauses. "But seriously Chae..."

"Can you get out from there?"

"Excuse me?"

"I mean, away from Lisa for a moment?"

"I guess I can. Wait" 

"Alright" 

And the line goes silence for a moment. I hear Lisa's voice down the line. And I'm right. She doesn't sound good. Perhaps it's a good thing I don't ring her in the first place. 

"Sorry" Jennie unnie says back. "I hope you didn't hear she snapped"

"I kind of did" I laugh.

"Anyway, how can I help you?"

"I think I'm sick. Can you go with me to the clinic?" I ask. 

"Sure, Chae. I'll be at your place in 10 minutes"

"Thank you so much, unnie" I finally say before ending the call and slide into the bathroom to change my clothes. 

***

Jennie unnie arrives in her black suit and hair hanging behind her back. She looks so effortlessly beautiful. "Hey" she kisses me on my cheek, before grabbing my hand lovingly. 

"I hope nothing serious, yeah?"

"Me too. I think it's just a cold or a fever"

"Let's go" she helps me lock the house and walks we to the elevator. 

"Is everything really okay there?" I ask, referring to the office. 

Jennie unnie nods with a warm smile. "Like I said, something happened. And Lisa isn't too happy with it. So, yeah she snaps at everyone now, Chae"

"That must be something really bad" I add as I sneeze. "Because she doesn't really go around snapping if something doesn't really bother her"

"Right" the cat eyed lady laughs. "Beware with your head" she instructs as I walk into her car. 

We drive to the nearest clinic. It's the one belongs to Jennie's friend. 

"Do you want me to go in there with you?"