Before Confession

Lisa's POV

Lisa's POV

I drive her back to the office after the lunch. We talk and laugh along the way and I am not sure why but it makes me feel really good.

She is so pretty and kind and I wonder why it takes me a lot of time to see that? And yeah, it's a bonus that she is very funny too.

Everything that comes out from her mouth seems to be able to tickle my funny bones so yeah, I can't really keep a straight face with her for a long time.

"Lili?" she touches my hand on the steering and I am jerked awake from my gaze at her.

"What?" I try to hide my embarassement by sifting my eyes everywhere to avoid looking at her again.

"I asked you to unlock the door" she points at the door. "It's locked"

"why would you want to get out?" I look at her again. Confused, obviously.

"Well, I don't know" Rosie shrugs before turning herself fully towards me.

"Maybe because we are already here in front of my office and I do really need to keep going"

Oh, I look around. When did we arrive here? Damn Aston Martin, I curse. Why the hell would you be so fast to end my short time with her?"

"Lili? Seriously, are you zoned out on me again?" Rosie rolls her eyes, crossing her arms. This is her cute tantrum that I enjoy looking at because she seems so adorably cute that way.

"No, I mean. I was thinking about something"

"Oh" she looks back at me, widening her eyes.

"What?" I ask, panic. "What did I do? Are you hurt? Or what? What do you want?"

"Stop being panic" she laughs lightly as she strikes my arm playfully. I turn myself fully towards her like she does and hold both of her shoulders carefully.

"Of course I am. I'm worried about you"

My touch must has set her frozen. Again. But luckily she is thawed again, seconds after.

"What...." she begins but her voice trails off.

"Rosie, I am not literally deaf, but I can't hear you with that kind of volume" I blurt and she smacks my thigh.

"Can't you just be serious for a moment?" she scolds, her fingers are meddling with the seat belt wrapped across her chest.

"Ok, fine" I look at her. "What? I'm all ears"

"The other night, when you said you wanted us to be friends" Rosie starts and my heart starts racing, too fast I'm scared it's going to explode.

"Yeah...?"

"Well, what type of friend exactly? I know I have said that I would be your friend, but ... what type of friend, you know?" she clears her throat, clearly uncomfortable with the situation.

My face must be red now. Because I can feel it turning hot with the adrenaline rushing under the skin. Rosie meets my eyes, desperately wanting to hear the answer.

But I must have given her too much of a silent that she weakly nods her head and presses her lips together.

"You know what?" she tries to sound normal but I sense something broken within that. I hate myself now. Why can't just I say the thing that I feel?

Oh because the smarty pants in me said that, I don't want to rush anything between us. Well, fuck me.

"You don't have to answer it now. I mean, I'm already happy with the way that we are now. Let's just give it some time like you have wanted, yeah?"

"Alright" Ughh, I freaking hate myself for such a lousy reply. Rosie forces a smile, squeezes my hand for a moment before letting go and walks out of the car.

She gives me one last glance, and a small smile before dissappearing into the building.

My heart is crying righ now. Like I am not sure why. But I hear the sound of it breaking.

Without thinking, I reach for my phone and message Jisoo unnie

Me: Unnie

Jisoo unnie🙄: Who did you kill? 🤨🤨

Me: What? I don't kill anyone ... 😒

Jisoo unnie 🙄: You are so boring 😤😤

Me: Anyway, do you want to go for a drink, later?🍻

Jisoo unnie🙄: In which capacity?😪😪

Me: As best friends?🤮🤮

Jisoo unnie 🙄: Good, because it means free drinks🥴

Me: You have never paid for anything, tbh you eat all of my food most of the time💩💩

Jisoo unnie 🙄: That's best friend. They eat your food😁

Me: Anyway, I pick u up later?🙄

Jisoo unnie 🙄: Whoahh after work? I thought you wanted to escape office again🤔🤔

Me: ugh, u r annoying😔😔

Jisoo unnie 🙄: says someone who's triple my annoyance😒😒

Me: I pick up later. C u 🛻

Jisoo unnie🙄: alright kiddo 👏