Broken

"Unnie?" Jennie hears her sister's annoying voice soon as she picks up the phone

"Unnie?" Jennie hears her sister's annoying voice soon as she picks up the phone. She is doing some last minute shopping with Jisoo for tomorrow's wedding. "What?" she asks back as she is looking at one cute bag that might matches her dress tomorrow.

"Unnie" Lisa calls again.

She sounds broken. Her voice is hoarse, like she has been crying for so long. Panic, Jennie leaves the shop while dragging Jisoo behind her. "What's wrong, baby?"

"I fucked up"

"What?"

"I didn't want to lie to her. So, I brought her to see Somi. Now she hates me"

"WHAT?" Jennie yells.  She couldn't believe how foolish her little sister is.

"WHERE DID SHE GO?"

Jisoo stares at Jennie in disbelief.

"Jendeuki, lower your voice. People are looking at us" she tells as she smiles awkwardly at people who are passing around them.

"Fuck off, Jisoo" Jennie scolds, still holding on to her phone.
"Did you go after her, Lisa? Please tell me you did"

"I did" the younger Manoban says. "But she just left, you know"

Few people stop to ask Jisoo if everything is alright. The older girl just smiles and nods.

"It's my wife" she points to Jennie. "She is rehearsing for her upcoming drama. She got a villain character"

"Oh, she's an actress?" One asks, looking interested.

"Just extra. Nothing big"

On the other side, Jennie sits on a metal bench by the elevator.

What the fuck, Jennie mutters to herself. This can't be real. Chaeyoung better not cancel this fucking wedding.

"It's alright. Don't worry. Jisoo and I will go and search for Chae. Have you picked up the clothes?"

"No" Lisa blows her nose. "But I am going to"

"Just go and pick them okay? And be back home. I'll try to talk to Chae"

"Unnie?" Lisa calls one last time before Jennie terminates the calls. "What?" the elder sister asks.

There is a long silence and Jennie has to grab her phone and stares at the screen for a moment to see if the call has been disconnected but no. Lisa is still there. Still holding on to the line.

"Just" she says after a while. "Make sure that she's alright"

"Sure" Jennie mutters.

"Ok. I think I'll hang up " Lisa pauses, clearing her throat. "I'll hit the boutique and be back home later"

"Wait" Jennie holds. "I love you baby"

Lisa chuckles. "I love you too, Unnie"

******************************************************

Chaeyoung locks herself in her room, burying her face into the pillow and starts to cry. Her heart is broken, and she couldn't withstand the pain. As she cries, a knock on the door startles her.

Please god. Please don't make it Lisa, Chaeyoung whispers.

She doesn't respond to the knock until a familiar voice of her mum is heard.

"Chae?"

"Umm, yes?"

"Jennie's here. Is it okay if she goes inside and see you?"

Jennie Unnie? Lisa must have  told her.

"Sure, mum" Chaeyoung says and seconds later, Jennie walks in with Jisoo.

Chaeyoung couldn't help it but she runs to fit into Jennie's arms soon as she catches that figure.

Jennie has always been like a sister to Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung just let that figure strokes her back with her hand, trying gently to fix the pain in her chest.

"Unnie ..." Chaeyoung begins but fails miserably as she cries. Jisoo walks closer to the hug, tapping Chaeyoung on her cheek. "Don't be sad, chipmunk" Jisoo says. "It'll be alright. You'll be fine"

"She brought her girlfriend to see me"

Jennie presses her lips. "I don't understand" Chaeyoung says. "I know she doesn't like me. But why marry me when she has her own girlfriend?"

"Chae, listen up" Jennie consoles. "That girl, the one with Lisa right now. She has been in her life a few months before she met you. Mamma and I knew about them"

"What?" Chaeyoung frowns. Jennie knows?

"But that's not the problem. That girl doesn't deserve Lisa. But you do. We all know you do, Chae. Just be strong now, will you?"

"I can't be strong, Unnie. I can't. How am I supposed to be trapped in a marriage where I know I am not well loved?"

"Lisa loves you" Jisoo exclaims. "But boy, that kid is a total disaster. She doesn't know the difference between liking someone and loving them"

"What do you mean?"

"She likes her girlfriend, Chae. I know because she tells me that every time we hit the café without Jennie. But she loves you a lot.

I know because she couldn't stop talking about you. Even in our chat group. She always says how Chae would do this, how Chae would handle it instead of her own girlfriend"

"That's right, Chae" Jennie mutters. "Just don't give up, please? My idiot sister is just confused. I know she's a total loser but please. Don't give up on her. Because Jisoo and I have faith on you guys"

Chaeyoung falls into silence. She couldn't understand anything. Lisa loves her, but she is also in the arms of other woman than Chaeyoung right now.

How can that be love?

Love is to always be there for one another.

But Lisa has never be there for her. Not once.

"I know this sounds completely idiot and crazy"

Jennie says as she falls on one knee, grabbing Chaeyoung's hand. "But please marry my sister. She's crazy, stupid and clingy but she's the only one I have"

Chaeyoung's jaw falls apart.

If a woman as powerful as Jennie is willing to sink to her feet before Chaeyoung, pleading she marries her little sister, Chaeyoung is left with no option but to slowly nod yes even when her heart still broken.

"Thank you, Chae" Jennie utters as they hug.

"Thank you very much"

******************************************************

"Did you find her?" Lisa asks as Jennie and Jisoo reach home. Jennie nods, not wanting to spill much of the tea.

"Just be ready for tomorrow, okay? And don't mess up again, baby"

Lisa nods weakly. Jisoo walks towards Lisa, wraps an arm around her neck and steals her glass full of wine away.

"You don't have to drink today" Jisoo smirks. "This one is mine"

Lisa laughs, though weakly. Her crackhead sister – in – law takes a sip of the wine before hurrying to catch Jennie who already enters their room.